Cornwall Football Forum

astro pitch game called off due to weather already????

Guest BenTheYeti

The Mounts Bay Astro pitch suffered heavily in the last deluge we had, I believe the far end gets engulfed by mud slides from the surrounding grass embankment..

Bearing in mind that Newlyn is once again flooded this evening, I'd assume the weather in Heamoor has also been horrendous all day

It did not stop raining anyway in the Penzance area yesterday, and it was not just light rain, it was consistently heavy. I have not seen the 4G atsro at Mounts Bay in the last 24 hours, but I know from training on it in the past, particularly heavy rain can get it waterlogged. Some people think the astro is "all weather". It is not. It beats grass most of the time, but there are exceptional circumstances when it can be just too bad for that surface too.

Guest BenTheYeti

What's that got to do with flooding? They didn't choose where it was to be built, or that it would have grass banking around it that could flood it.
It is a fantastic surface for playing football on, and I hardly think a Busman's Holiday of builders would account for the 17 years of rain we've had in the last 5 months

As we train on a Thursday night, it was called off last night! The players were told it was off and some made other arrangements nothing fishy about that? And as for jibbers, why after a good performance last week would we not want to carry on where we left off!?! Unfortunately due to the monsoon we suffered in Heamoor yesterday and the broken drains around the school area it's been deemed unplayable, not by us but by the powers that be at Mounts Bay.