Tavistock 0 Bere Alston United 0

Division One

Edgcumbe 8 Camelford 1

Kilkhampton 3 Bodmin Town 4

Polperro 0 Plymstock United 0

Roche 1 Nanpean Rovers 0

St Stephen 2 Callington Town 2

St Teath 6 St Stephens Borough 0

Please note Kilkhampton v Bodmin was a double header the results stands for both league and cup

Tough fixtures today in the prem, never know what will happen in the derby between Tavistock and bere Alston, on paper you have to go for Tavistock but bere will be up for it and give then a very tough game. Liskeard v morwenstow will be a decent game after their recent meeting, pressure on liskeard to pick up 3 points at home and with their improved form of late. Millbrook host probus, a very difficult team to play home or away, so will be interesting to see how they cope with that challenge. Bude travel to st Dominic who have really picked up the last couple games and bude seem to struggle on their travels, could be a share of the points there. Massive game between parkway and torpoint, if parkway win they go further ahead but if torpoint win it all becomes very tight up the top.

Elburton v lanreath- home win

Liskeard v morwenstow- draw

Millbrook v probus - home win (just!)

Parkway v torpoint- draw

St Dominic v bude- away win

Tavistock v bere - draw

Polperro 0-0 Plymstock

Polperro very much in the ascendancy for the 90mins but failed to find the back of the net. Plymstock defended very well and were happy to set up for a point with plenty of men behind the ball. They had the rare counter attack but it will be Polperro who will be the more disappointed of the two teams failing to grab all the points.

Good result for st teath today!

Nice to see some old school boys come back to where they belong today!!!! Darren "rubsy" "Dudley" burden with a great performance !!!

Looks like the dip in form is over loads of confidence in the side!

St Stephens borough a good side who don't deserve to be where they are in the league! Best of luck for the rest of the season

Watched the Tavy v Bere game today and to be honest from what I saw I find it hard to believe that both teams are where they are in the League.

Both teams defended pretty well in what was, by and large a scrappy local derby with Bere no doubt happier with the draw.

Both keepers had pretty quiet afternoons, with Bere's Jack Dixon busier stopping Ian Rook's elbow with his nose than Tavy shots although to be fair they did have one superb 35yd free kick cannon off the crossbar.

Ian Rook got a 2nd yellow for the elbow on Dixon, but it should have been a straight red it was that blatant and late and Bere could have won it in the closing stages but Jamie Castle made his only save of note to deny Dale Simpson.

All in all a hard earned point for Bere as they strive to pull away from the relegation places, but with equally valuable away draws for Morwenstow and Probus and Lanreath's win at Elburton it's getting very tight at the bottom.

By the look of things Elburton are in free fall and they could easily get dragged into the relegation dogfight and were it not for some good early season form they would be in big trouble.

Still a lot to play for at both ends of the table, but at the top it seems it's Parkway's to lose now.

Watched the Tavy v Bere game today and to be honest from what I saw I find it hard to believe that both teams are where they are in the League.

Both teams defended pretty well in what was, by and large a scrappy local derby with Bere no doubt happier with the draw.

Both keepers had pretty quiet afternoons, with Bere's Jack Dixon busier stopping Ian Rook's elbow with his nose than Tavy shots although to be fair they did have one superb 35yd free kick cannon off the crossbar.

Ian Rook got a 2nd yellow for the elbow on Dixon, but it should have been a straight red it was that blatant and late and Bere could have won it in the closing stages but Jamie Castle made his only save of note to deny Dale Simpson.

All in all a hard earned point for Bere as they strive to pull away from the relegation places, but with equally valuable away draws for Morwenstow and Probus and Lanreath's win at Elburton it's getting very tight at the bottom.

By the look of things Elburton are in free fall and they could easily get dragged into the relegation dogfight and were it not for some good early season form they would be in big trouble.

Still a lot to play for at both ends of the table, but at the top it seems it's Parkway's to lose now.

I was 10 yards away and there was no elbow I can assure you.

Hard to believe that both teams are where they are in the league. In what way?

Like I say Solly, Both teams defended well but by the same token both lacked a cutting edge.....at least they did on today's showing.

I know Bere have been struggling for goals since Jason Cordice and Marcus Pethick have left but today I thought Tavy played better with 10 men to be honest....obviously didn't help losing both your starting strikers (one injured, one sent off) but Jarryd had a quiet game by his usual standards when he came on.

Samo will tell you I've been pretty complimentary about Tavy of late, but only being honest when I say I was a little disappointed with the performance today.

Having said that, the table doesn't lie so I'll take it as a bad day at the office (in an attacking sense)....perhaps being a local derby had a lot to do with it being a scrappy game.

Got to say though that You and Nathan Blamey marshalled both defences superbly.

Good result for st teath today!

Nice to see some old school boys come back to where they belong today!!!! Darren "rubsy" "Dudley" burden with a great performance !!!

Looks like the dip in form is over loads of confidence in the side!

St Stephens borough a good side who don't deserve to be where they are in the league! Best of luck for the rest of the season

Thanks for the words of encouragement there Velcro but on the day it goes without saying that the best team won, we held our own for half an hour and we didn't throw the towel in at any point over the 90 minutes.

It's the first time we've gone through 3 keepers in one match, however that had no bearing on the result.

All the best for the title run-in and it seems to get more interesting as every week passes.

If it wasn't his elbow then it was his head or shoulder. Either way it was a red card offence.

Hard to believe that both teams are where they are in the league. In what way? Like I say Solly, Both teams defended well but by the same token both lacked a cutting edge.....at least they did on today's showing.

I know Bere have been struggling for goals since Jason Cordice and Marcus Pethick have left but today I thought Tavy played better with 10 men to be honest....obviously didn't help losing both your starting strikers (one injured, one sent off) but Jarryd had a quiet game by his usual standards when he came on.

Samo will tell you I've been pretty complimentary about Tavy of late, but only being honest when I say I was a little disappointed with the performance today.

Having said that, the table doesn't lie so I'll take it as a bad day at the office (in an attacking sense)....perhaps being a local derby had a lot to do with it being a scrappy game.

Got to say though that You and Nathan Blamey marshalled both defences superbly.

Appreciate your comments, agreed it wasn't a great day at the office. And probably a poor match for anyone watching to be honest.

Typical scrappy local derby.

Ill leave the sending off topic and accept its down to opinion. I just don't think Jamie Castle would have even gone down under the same challenge at the other end of the pitch.

Have to agree with coach KT.....how the hell are Tavistock in the top three or four, very negative, boring side. They have a centre back that couldn't even cut the mustard in P and D three, and their main striker came from P and D three. Lucky they got that Castle lad in goal who is absolutely superb. Few good young lads, but must state again......boring side. Having played in the east cornwall, and now playing in a higher league, id say Jamie castle was one of the best keepers around.

P&D 2 actually Sparky, But ask any defender in this league if they've had an easy game against me and I'm sure the answer would be no!

I'm sure you'll come back with a rebuttal along the lines of 'You're a big donkey etc etc' but along as my team wins & does well then who cares.

Have a pleasant sunday

Have to agree with coach KT.....how the hell are Tavistock in the top three or four, very negative, boring side. They have a centre back that couldn't even cut the mustard in P and D three, and their main striker came from P and D three. Lucky they got that Castle lad in goal who is absolutely superb. Few good young lads, but must state again......boring side. Having played in the east cornwall, and now playing in a higher league, id say Jamie castle was one of the best keepers around.

You seem to know a lot about p and d three standard football. How is staddy playing fields at the moment?

14 goals conceded all season? Not bad for a negative boring side.

Having played for And against tavi I would say they got a close knit squad who all play for each other and all get on well from the managers to the players . They are where they are in the league due to this . As for there defence there goals against speaks volumes so not really a debate . I know Jamie castle well and would say his is prob the best keeper in the league and has had a fantastic season and can and prob will play higher standard . At the end of the day league positions don't lie so they doing something right !!!

Sparky If you play in a higher league, how come you have time to watch us??? That involved are we?? I think we are a hard team to break down which shows after nearly playing 25mins with 9 men against torpoint and still winning and I'm a p and d player. That makes two defenders from the p and d holding the back line and only considing 14 goals.

Having played for And against tavi I would say they got a close knit squad who all play for each other and all get on well from the managers to the players . They are where they are in the league due to this . As for there defence there goals against speaks volumes so not really a debate . I know Jamie castle well and would say his is prob the best keeper in the league and has had a fantastic season and can and prob will play higher standard . At the end of the day league positions don't lie so they doing something right !!!

Jamie Castle is up there with Ryan Walkey aswell jayjay

Have to agree with coach KT.....how the hell are Tavistock in the top three or four, very negative, boring side. They have a centre back with bulgy eyes and a huge beer gut that couldn't even cut the mustard in P and D three, and their main striker came from P and D three. Lucky they got that Castle lad in goal who is absolutely superb. Few good young lads, but must state again......boring side. Having played in the east cornwall, and now playing in a higher league, id say Jamie castle was one of the best keepers around.

You seem to know a lot about p and d three standard football. How is staddy playing fields at the moment?

14 goals conceded all season? Not bad for a negative boring side.

Comment by SOLLY:
Ill leave the sending off topic and accept its down to opinion. I just don't think Jamie Castle would have even gone down under the same challenge at the other end of the pitch.

The Tavy forward went straight into the Bere's Keeper who at the time had the ball on this chest with BOTH arms arouind the ball., ref was correct a Stright Red.

I liked your comment that you thibk Jamie Casltle would not not even gomne down. Well just to tell you and the rest Jack Dixon finished but with Broken Nose.

Being a keeper myself would say Jamie castle has the whole package from kicking to handling to shot stopping and his bravery is class . Walkey at saltash is a good young keeper and is up there but is still learning and will become better .

As for tavi not sure why people have a problem with them I would rather draw a game than lose and they beat the current champions playing 25 mins with 9 men that in itself shows they got what it takes . Drawing with parkway is a good result did parkway park the BUS ??

Being honest I don't think it's a case of parking the bus. Our problem is that whilst our defence is outstanding this year we are struggling to put the ball in the net, I include myself in that!

People then think we are being negative but thats not the case, we're just struggling to score!

Being a keeper myself would say Jamie castle has the whole package from kicking to handling to shot stopping and his bravery is class . Walkey at saltash is a good young keeper and is up there but is still learning and will become better .

As for tavi not sure why people have a problem with them I would rather draw a game than lose and they beat the current champions playing 25 mins with 9 men that in itself shows they got what it takes . Drawing with parkway is a good result did parkway park the BUS ??

Have to agree Jay, as I think I've said on here before....Jamie Castle is the best keeper in the ECPL, especially now that Rob Rosevear is playing SWPL with Sticker.

Going right back to my original comment, all I said was that on yesterday's showing Tavistock didn't look like a top three side....but that is only one game and like I also said the table doesn't lie and 14 goals conceded is the backbone to their success this season....that and their tremendous team spirit.

Only other team with a similar collective team spirit this season appears to be Parkway, so no surprise that they are also right there in the mix for the title now that Torpoint seem to have imploded a little bit.

In the past Torpoint have had the likes of Lewis Kershaw, Dean Cardew, Brian Stacey and Lewis Young banging them with Tom Payne and Luke Avis-Reardon supplying the crosses and the likes of Mike Heron bursting through the middle and Dan Chapman bombing on down the right.

This season, all of those players have either left, have moved up to the first team or have been unavailable due to work commitments (as in the case of Dean Cardew)..

That has left an ageing defence and a host of new players as the ones that saw them go unbeaton all last season in the League have gone off to Uni.

It was inevitable that their great run in the league would come to an end at some stage and Parkway now look best equipped to fill their mantle.

Tavi have had a fantastic season but Parkway appear to have that bit extra going forward which is why it's parkway's title for me.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given

Staddy playing fields???Wheres that one come from? having played in this league, I still have pals who play, and when having the chance go and watch my mates? anything wrong with that? the tavi center half with the bulgy eyes and big beer belly, the one who constantly barks at referees and wanders why hes on the end of a card....who is he? proper attitude that boy. As for you bigfella, I don't think your a donkey at all, just stating a fact that you've come from p and d. lets face facts here boys your a boring side, whos ethos is to purely not concede in a game and get a point at least. nothing wrong with that, but you wont win leagues doing that. hey bigfella, last time I watched tavi was over torpoint a few weeks back when they dropped you for first teamers, cant see you being the type of guy not to have anything to say about that!!?? finally hard tackle and soolly, if most defences had Jamie castle behind them, theyd concede very few goals.

Posted · Hidden by cornishteddyboy, March 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by cornishteddyboy, March 3, 2013 - No reason given

Staddy playing fields???Wheres that one come from? having played in this league, I still have pals who play, and when having the chance go and watch my mates? anything wrong with that? the tavi center half with the bulgy eyes and big beer belly, the one who constantly barks at referees and wanders why hes on the end of a card....who is he? proper attitude that boy. As for you bigfella, I don't think your a donkey at all, just stating a fact that you've come from p and d. lets face facts here boys your a boring side, whos ethos is to purely not concede in a game and get a point at least. nothing wrong with that, but you wont win leagues doing that. hey bigfella, last time I watched tavi was over torpoint a few weeks back when they dropped you for first teamers, cant see you being the type of guy not to have anything to say about that!!?? finally hard tackle and soolly, if most defences had Jamie castle behind them, theyd concede very few goals.

To be fair Sparky_4 the Tavy Centre Half you're referring to played very well yesterday and apart from Bere's Nathan Blamey (who was superb throughout) was probably one of the better players on show.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given

Hes called Mark Soloman, used to play for roborough in the Plymouth league. Always been terrible.

Comment by SOLLY:

The Tavy forward went straight into the Bere's Keeper who at the time had the ball on this chest with BOTH arms arouind the ball., ref was correct a Stright Red.

I liked your comment that you thibk Jamie Casltle would not not even gomne down. Well just to tell you and the rest Jack Dixon finished but with Broken Nose.

I was also at the game, & I think you will find the sending off was a second yellow, not a straight red, so u wasn't watching the game that closely

I didn't think Tavi or parkway parked the bus. Both teams tried to win the game and pressed up the pitch. Even thou parkway had two cleared of the line I thought we looked like we should of won it.

Parkway had two cleared from the line, Lewis Young and Daniel worth both missed sitters, i'm struggling to remember a clear cut chance created by Tavy in that game!?

Once again this is another topic that's went off the ball. Mentioning P and D and whether teams are defensive or not. They should be about the results, including match reports from the games?

I think KT is the only person who comments correctly enticing a satisfactory debate on here. If people think Tavy are defensive... Start a separate topic about it!

On saturday Camelford fielded 6 players in their squad from the 3rd team due to the 2nds being so short. A lot of players have left or just dont want to play anymore and its having a big effect on all 3 of our mens teams. 3 players from the 2nd team who started the week before played on saturday so it wasnt a very strong side. It even got to the stage where we were learning names just before the kick off!

What has happened to Camelford in ECL1? Started the season reasonably well but got drubbing yesterday by the looks of it?

I shouldn't really be getting involved in this and let some of those little keyboard warriors have a field day, but I am really not too bothered. Our ECPL side are a credit to our football club. We are not an us and them we are Tavistock AFC. The fact they have conceded so few goals is what success is built on. Some of the comments by respected football people like 'Coach KT' are as genuine and honest as you will get, but I would suggest to our lads that just maybe, your rivals are a little concerned about you otherwise they wouldn't be slating you, take it as a back handed comliment. Should be a decent game against Parkway next week and you know where to park that bus!

I shouldn't really be getting involved in this and let the keyboard warriors have a field day but I really don't give a shit. Our ECPL side are a credit to our football club. We are not an us and them we are Tavistock AFC. The fact they have conceded so few goals is what success is built on. Well done lads and if your rivals weren't concerned about you they wouldn't be slating you, take it as a back handed comliment. Stick it up em next week

hahaha....look at southcott having a good old chomp!!! Tavistock first team should be using the services of jamie castle. Fact. Also, we all know that you are a "Tavistock AFC" as against Torpoint, you fielded four first team players and four of the normal second team squad sat on the bench. Is that fair is it? I'm sure you will do the same for evenning fixtures from now to the end of the season. Nobody is slating tavistocks achievements defencively, however going forward they are toothless, and thats where you'll help them out in evenning games, as your first team simply have nothing to play for, as yet again, for another season youve wasted your budget on garbage players.FACT.

A good goalkeeper is only as good as whats in front of him/her! credit to them selves and Tavi Ex player Greenaway, soleman, lowton, wren, Hurrell, Stainer, holts or who ever is back there!!!! Tavistock have a very tight group and team spirit/togetherness like I've never seen b4 the best thing about the ECPL is that on there day anyone can beat anyone.....