Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Select XI v Plymouth Argyle Legends

thejman

Troon AFC are proud to announce that we will be hosting the Jolly’s Combination XI v Plymouth Argyle Legends on Sun 14th Apr 13, 14:00 Ko.

The Combo XI will be an ‘experienced one’, as requested by the Argyle management as they normally only play veteran or select teams, ST Just manager Steve Curnow is the manager for the Combo Select team and will be selecting his squad over the coming weeks, once he has selected his squad I will of course put it up on here, in the mean time I’d be interested to know who you think should be in the squad, we’d be looking at around 14-16 players…….

Plymouth Argyle Legends are a squad of ex players and managers who travel around the South West playing against other select teams, their main objective of doing this is to raise money for much needed charities, but also to help out any former players and managers to may have fallen on hard times. This game’s chosen charity is Help for Heroes, Prince Harry recently stated "So many of our Servicemen and women have made the ultimate sacrifice; so many lives have been lost and so many changed forever by the wounds that they have suffered in the course of their duties. For these selfless people, it is after the guns have fallen silent, the din of battle quietened, that the real fight begins – a fight that may last for the rest of their lives."

Some of the players who you can expect to see on the day are Tommy Tynan, who during his career reached the Qtr Finals of the European Cup, and scored 257 goals in 629 professional appearances, Rhys Wilmot, the ex Arsenal goal keeper is now a youth coach for Plymouth Argyle, Chris Harrison, a Cornishman who also played for recent Capital One Cup Winners Swansea City, and many more, I’m sure there’s a few of you on here who could name some other Legends from the 80’s…….

This will be a fun and memorable day for all, the Plymouth Legends are staying around for an hour or so after the game to allow you, the spectators a chance to have a chat, take some pictures etc. Prices are: Adults: £4; Concessions: (Under 16/Over 60) £2, again this is a brilliant charity and ALL gate money will be donated to said charity so please make the effort to attend and also show your support for the Combo XI and any possible players from your clubs.

There will be hot food, fully stocked bar, a programme, and hot and cold drinks available throughout the day.

If anyone has any questions regarding this fixture please PM me on here, see you all there!

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

just to remind everyone that this game kicks off at 14:00 this coming Sunday at Troon AFC (TR14 9HT For flash Sat Navs!), officials for the day have been appointed and are George Pattison (Ref), Tim Burley and Paul Butler on the lines, I've had a great response from many on here, and from the advertisements in local papers and radio so we are expecting a great turn out on the day and hope to raise plenty of money for a great charity!!!

if anyone has any questions regarding this game please do not hesitate to PM me on here.