Cornwall Football Forum

My Combo Snippets bit in the paper this week seems a bit short. This is what went in.

Combo Snippets

I see Holmans and Porthleven are out of the title race for this season. With Illogan winning their match last weekend and now having gained 55 points, the two bottom sides can not catch them. The maximum available points for Holmans and Porthleven (if they won all their remaining games) is 53. Now the Championship is over it's time for them to concentrate on avoiding finishing in the relegation spots. The two clubs above them, Newquay and Hayle could possibly gain 66 and 64 respectively so unless Illogan and the other teams at the top of the league start losing, they will soon find the relegation dogfight is all they have left this season.

Looking at the top six in the table the maximum available points for each club (in the brackets) is: Illogan (106), St Day (98), Ludgvan (89), Pendeen (91), Perranwell (93) and St Ives (97). Do Illogan look likely to take the title, are Ludgvan out of it already even though they are on a good run? Illogan still have to play Ludgvan twice, also they face St Day this coming weekend, whilst the other contenders have to face each other at least once. So the title race may not be over.

On my website I do a season long form guide putting marking down if a team wins, loses or draws. Thus at the moment for say for instance the last 10 games for Troon look like this:LWDLLLLDLL. From this season long list I can work out sequences, carrying on from last year, and have a page on the Combo website showing the longest sequences each team has had. From the lists I have, this season Ludgvan have broken their record of the longest run of unbeaten games increasing it from 7 to 9, Illogan are 2 wins away from equalling their longest streak of continuous wins, 13. Last weekend's defeat of Penryn sees their current 5 game losing streak become their worst ever since joining the league.

Two old boys on the terrace moaning, with one saying to the other, “I don't know why I bother, they played better than this last season”. So who is playing better or worse?

If we look at the same week last season, and take out the promoted and relegated teams, the clubs who have improved or fallen compared with last seasons current week's table are???

There are 6 clubs who have bettered themselves, 2 are sitting in the same league position and 10 who are further down the table. Of the 6 “Improvers”, Mullion and St Day are both up 11 places and Perranwell up 8, with the non movers being Holmans and St Just. Of the teams in worst league positions, Penryn are down 9 places, with Falmouth's Town and Athletic dropping 7 and 6 places respectively. Of course these figures change week to week depending on results.

Next week I hope to be able to tell you the draw for the League Cup semi-finals and the venues for both and also for the final. Also any other interesting news coming from the league Committee Meeting.

Form Guide
Perranwell WWWWWW
Illogan WWWWWW

Bottom

Porthleven LLLLLL
Holmans LLLLLL

Golden Boot Award
Gerens James (Ludgvan) – 26
Jowan May (St Ives) – 22
Wade Brown (Pendeen ) - 20
Dominic Pullen (Illogan) – 20

Match to Catch

(East Area)
Falmouth Athletic v Falmouth Town
A local derby between two struggling teams

(West Area)
Pendeen v Illogan
Can Illogan keep their 11 league game winning streak going?

My Combo Snippets bit in the paper this week seems a bit short. This is what went in. Combo Snippets I see Holmans and Porthleven are out of the title race for this season. With Illogan winning their match last weekend and now having gained 55 points, the two bottom sides can not catch them. The maximum available points for Holmans and Porthleven (if they won all their remaining games) is 53. Now the Championship is over it's time for them to concentrate on avoiding finishing in the relegation spots. The two clubs above them, Newquay and Hayle could possibly gain 66 and 64 respectively so unless Illogan and the other teams at the top of the league start losing, they will soon find the relegation dogfight is all they have left this season. Looking at the top six in the table the maximum available points for each club (in the brackets) is: Illogan (106), St Day (98), Ludgvan (89), Pendeen (91), Perranwell (93) and St Ives (97). Do Illogan look likely to take the title, are Ludgvan out of it already even though they are on a good run? Illogan still have to play Ludgvan twice, also they face St Day this coming weekend, whilst the other contenders have to face each other at least once. So the title race may not be over. On my website I do a season long form guide putting marking down if a team wins, loses or draws. Thus at the moment for say for instance the last 10 games for Troon look like this:LWDLLLLDLL. From this season long list I can work out sequences, carrying on from last year, and have a page on the Combo website showing the longest sequences each team has had. From the lists I have, this season Ludgvan have broken their record of the longest run of unbeaten games increasing it from 7 to 9, Illogan are 2 wins away from equalling their longest streak of continuous wins, 13. Last weekend's defeat of Penryn sees their current 5 game losing streak become their worst ever since joining the league. Two old boys on the terrace moaning, with one saying to the other, “I don't know why I bother, they played better than this last season”. So who is playing better or worse? If we look at the same week last season, and take out the promoted and relegated teams, the clubs who have improved or fallen compared with last seasons current week's table are??? There are 6 clubs who have bettered themselves, 2 are sitting in the same league position and 10 who are further down the table. Of the 6 “Improvers”, Mullion and St Day are both up 11 places and Perranwell up 8, with the non movers being Holmans and St Just. Of the teams in worst league positions, Penryn are down 9 places, with Falmouth's Town and Athletic dropping 7 and 6 places respectively. Of course these figures change week to week depending on results. Next week I hope to be able to tell you the draw for the League Cup semi-finals and the venues for both and also for the final. Also any other interesting news coming from the league Committee Meeting. Form Guide Top Perranwell WWWWWW Illogan WWWWWW Bottom Porthleven LLLLLL Holmans LLLLLL Golden Boot Award Gerens James (Ludgvan) – 26 Jowan May (St Ives) – 22 Wade Brown (Pendeen ) - 20 Dominic Pullen (Illogan) – 20 Match to Catch (East Area) Falmouth Athletic v Falmouth Town A local derby between two struggling teams (West Area) Pendeen v Illogan Can Illogan keep their 11 league game winning streak going?
fantastic info, keep it up bud