Cornwall Football Forum

Phoenix stroke appeal charity match

Next sunday at Truro city fc theres a charity match in aid of the phoenix stroke appeal the money is for a acute stroke unit at treliske hospital the stroke units at Bodmin and Redruth and Camborne community hospital wish this was there when my mum had her stroke in 2009 and was treated very badly at treliske and was kept on a trolley for hours while druggies and drunks where seen to while my dear mum was left there she was 84 and it seemed no one cared this was on dec28th day after my birthday my dad had his bad stroke 20 yrs ago on my birthday , and i still hold them guilty for my mum not being here now .I have lost both of my parents to strokes and i have had 2 mini strokes myself,so i hope a lot of money is raised .The teams will feature porters ,doctors and medical students would be nice if a few celebrities joined in as well Please support this good cause .One last thing Well done Newquay for winning the div 1 west championship but next year will be harder against better teams be nice to see Godolphin there as well because they are too good for this league .Well done to Plymouth Argyle as well for staying up but would like to see a more experianced manager there like Neil Warnock .