Cornwall Football Forum

New Year's greeting from Piran Films

I just wanted to take this opportunity of wishing all the players, officials and supporters of Truro City Football Club a very happy new year. I would also like to thank everyone who has supported and encouraged the work of Piran Films this year, especially Dave Deacon and Jake Ash. Come Sunday it will be exactly one year since Dave came on board as my main commentator and he has really brought the pictures to life. Jake is an amazing summariser but let’s hope I don’t use him for the rest of the season, if you know what I mean. I would also like to thank Martin Banks and Will Dalton for their contributions at the microphone.

By way of a New Year greetings, I have uploaded to my Piranmark YouTube channel a new 90 second montage which focuses on the main highlights of the calendar year. If you recognise the music, then you must be as old if not older than me.

The link is

http://www.youtube.com/user/Piranmark?feature=mhee

For those who are statistics-minded and interested, my YouTube account has had 18, 523 hits this year, with the Salisbury away fixture being the most popular (3,725). Feel free to subscribe to the channel and you will receive updated information for free. On that score, you may also wish to follow Piran Films on Twitter (@piranfilms.com) and hear of the uploads on a Saturday night in good time. I don’t overdo it, so you won’t find out what my Sunday roast is.

As for the sports page on my Piran Films website, I have received 20,938 unique views and 27, 202 page views. Average time spent on the page is 2 minutes 44 seconds. The power and democratisation of the internet!

Dave will continue to have a number of DVDs of the Conference Season part one for sale at home matches priced £10. Or you can contact me on mark@piranfilms.com if you are an exile.

Once again a Happy New Year.

Mark