Cornwall Football Forum

Gloucester City 1-1 Truro City (FA Trophy)

Yesterday it was a good game made very difficult by the swirling wind, in the pub after I said to the 'TISA travellers' I hoped to drive down to see how it will all end, unfortunately, tablets and booze that dulled the pain have left me relying on a pair of crutches again, it would be foolish to rely on painkillers and drive around 600 miles on Tuesday so have to give it a miss, hopefully the pain will ease for me to be at Farnborough on Saturday.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

IS THIS A HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE?

We hear so much about health and safety in modern society, when Truro played Gloucester last month in the FA Cup I complained to two of the match officials that the Gloucester goalkeepers jersey (a dirty Yellow) was too similar to their outfield players (Gold), my point was that in play with split seconds determining events the keepers jersey should be more distinctive from the rest of the team, it has to be dangerous if a player jumping for a ball sees the opponents yelow/goldish colours out of the corner of his eye only to be unexpectedly confronted with flaying arms and fists. My appeals were met with the usual DUMBNESS of refereeing officialdom.

Yesterday I again complained too the officials with the same DUMB response, I went into the stand and enquired if there was a match assessor present, many arms pointed in the same direction, I know the MENTALITY of match assessors, they are more devoid from common sense than the officialdom on the pitch, confrontation would have been useless, I had made my point and said let's hope he takes note and does something about it.

Late in yesterdays game Barry Hayles was flattened in a situation similar to what I describe above, It should have been a penalty, whether the referee residing just up the road in Worcester swayed him who knows, he was better placed to see the incident than we were looking down on it with our CLEAR VIEW of things high up at the front of the stand.

An outfield player at times needs protection from the additional armoury at the goalkeepers disposal when arms and fists appear unexpectedly because they are wearing similar attire to the rest of their team.

On Tuesday I believe the Gloucester City Goalkeeper should be made to wear a different jersey or have "The Laws of the Game" been altered?

It seems some referees are not too hot on a number of the laws / rules / regulations but the one relating to goalkeepers' colours is pretty simple:

"Each goalkeeper must wear colours that distinguish him from the other players, the referee and the assistant referees."

As shown in this season's FIFA LOAF booklet.