Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City FC Statement

Club statement:

"With our first season of Conference South football well under way, the Chairman and board members of Truro City FC are keen to advance their plans of ensuring this football club becomes firmly established at - and beyond- this remarkable level.The endeavours of the first team are an obvious highlight for the club, but we are extremely successful in so many areas; the reserves and ladies team are delivering spectacular results each week, the club has achieved the Charter Standard Award - a footballing kitemark which sets best practice guide for us to follow, and of course one of the biggest and most successful youth and community football programs in the county.Our club has enormous potential, and the part that players, officials, supporters, youth players and their parents, and board members can play is recognised to being the key to our continued success. Accordingly, the Chairman has suggested that an open meeting should be held on Wednesda y 9th November at Truro City FC clubhouse, starting at 19:00hrs. The most open and productive format will be a 'question and answer' evening, however the emphasis should certainly be focussed on building and maintaining the long term success of our football club."Chris WebbVice-ChairmanTCFC"

The statement must be about another club called Truro City as the description in it bears no resemblance to reality. On other threads I am described as anti-Truro when the opposite is the case. I repeatedly state how fantastic it is to see such a high standard of football in Cornwall and the five promotions have been a real dream for the real Truro faithful. It is just that the dream has become a nightmare as the club is so utterly atrociously run. It needs new leadership and it is them I'm critical of, not the achievements, the team, the manager and coaches, the people in the club who actually know one end of a football club from the other, which the Chairman clearly doesn't. The first team, reserves, youth teams, ladies team do not in reality constitute one whole club which is a shame. I've got a couple of programmes from this and last season. Some have mention of the Reserves but there's no regular community page detailing results and fixtures of all the teams. These should be being read out at every home game by the announcer but they aren't. So the description of the club in the statement is a fiction in my opinion.

the only award the lot running what was 'our' club deserve is one for total and utter incompetance. I've just seen the latest PR disaster, fans getting banned again so now can't attend the meeting.

Having read the West Briton this morning I'm somewhat confused as to who owns Treyew Road? It seems a third party (Persimmon?) are now involved & the ground isn't owned by TCFC Ltd either. People still fail to understand the significance of the £1.75m loan taken out by Mr Heaney against the freehold.