Cornwall Football Forum

Last ever fixture of Falmouth Helston League Div 1

Last ever fixture of Falmouth Helston League Div 1

Enys Parc St Agnes saw the last fixture to be played in the 50 year history of the Falmouth Helston League Division 1 as St Agnes Reserves hosted Carharrack.

St Agnes won 6-1 in a fixture that was well refereed and saw them consolidate their position as League runners-up in what has been a great season for the Aggie boys under the management of Dave Keverne, reaching the area final of the Junior Cup as well as finishing 2nd in their Division.

Presenting the Aggie boys with their medals League Secretary Gerald Sobey congratulated both teams on kicking the last ball in the Falmouth Helston League. He commented,"It is sad to see the end of the 50 years of the Falmouth Helston League but I am sure the new Trelawney League will be the way forward. I have seen secretaries and clubs come and go during my years with this League and I know how much the League meant to them all."

St Agnes Reserves look forward to starting next season in the top Division of the new Trelawney League and anyone interested in joining them as a payer, supporter, sponsor or in any other capacity is welcome to contact St Agnes 1st Team Manager Martyn Kimmins on 07974 370666 or via the club website www.stagnes-saints.co.uk

just want to say to st.agnes well done and good luck in the new league next season :clapper:

i had the pleasure of refereeing you whilst down on a weekend break at newquay in april.

was made very welcome by all :)

hopefully we get to referee you again next season.

anyway good luck and thank you all at st.agnes. :drink: