Cornwall Football Forum

Review of season 2010-2011

Review 2010/11

This is a personal review of the season and also of clubs and other matters, and hopefully others will come up with more some serious and some not so serious matters, this is not a Muttey Masserings, sorry Massey Mutterings, so have fun, give praise and criticism in equal parts:

Best Chips – Cullumpton

Best Bacon Butty - ????

Best Food – Launceston

Friendliest clubs – Bovey Tracey and Dartmouth joint winners

Best signing – Lynch for Buckland, in that he took over from Massey and did a great job firstly steadying the ship then winning the league.

Under performers – Saltash – sorry lads a great club, great facilities should be up there with Buckland and Bodmin

Over achievers - Got to be Torpoint, they were great in the Vase but it did affect their league title ambitions, and think they may have pushed Buckland and Bodmin closer if they hadn’t had all the extra games.

Best crowd – St Blazey – know they can go over the top but they are passionate and always back their club.

Worst place to visit – Parkway, the sign in the portacabin says its all, “Parkway Football Club – Nobody likes us” Cant believe the committee would allow it, or have they no choice, even Millwalls board room doesn’t have that on the wall, the fans can say it but not the club itself. Why are you not liked? You have to ask!

Worst Facilities – Sorry Elburton, I know you are trying to get things done, but when you get wet and there is now where to hide, and it gets dark, you are the winner, but your pitch was cracking.

Best strike partnership – Grant and Carter – Torpoint, great combination.

Best Goalkeeper – Chapman - Falmouth the reason why Falmouth didn’t lose more games this year.

Have a great summer.....

:smiley20:

Red Viking. Dont beleiive all you read Plymouth Parkway have been the best suppoted club in the SWPL for the last 4 seasons closely averaging nearly 200 per match so they must be doing something right.Best strikers Chris Wright & Andy Sargent both SWPL centurians what other team has that claim.

Red Viking. Dont beleiive all you read Plymouth Parkway have been the best suppoted club in the SWPL for the last 4 seasons closely averaging nearly 200 per match so they must be doing something right.Best strikers Chris Wright & Andy Sargent both SWPL centurians what other team has that claim

thought he was talking this season, didnt carts win golden boot with grant also in top five, (as for being centurians a great achievement), but grant has only been in this league two seasons unlike chris and andy.

People cannot stop having a pop at Parkway. Previous 4 years had top goal scorer, over same period top 4 finish, last season great run in FA Vase which put the SWPL on the map, the best attendance record in the SWPL.

There are a lot more Clubs who are a lot worse the Plymouth Parkway

People cannot stop having a pop at Parkway. Previous 4 years had top goal scorer, over same period top 4 finish, last season great run in FA Vase which put the SWPL on the map, the best attendance record in the SWPL.

There are a lot more Clubs who are a lot worse the Plymouth Parkway

wasnt having a pop at anybody, merely pointig out that a review of season 2010/11 dont include previous seasons, hence my quote

I can't stress enough how poor this season has been for Saltash. Having watched most weeks i feel a complete re-shuffle is needed! Fresh faces on and off the pitch to get us back to where we should be! I noticed on another topic talk of Plymouth Managers such as Burgess (Vospers) Evans (Plymstock) up for better posts, why not Saltash! Think they could do really well as they both got good "cores" to their sides and mixing that core with SOME of the current Saltash squad i feel the club could climb back up the table! Thats if those players arent tapped by other premier sides soon!

I can't stress enough how poor this season has been for Saltash. Having watched most weeks i feel a complete re-shuffle is needed! Fresh faces on and off the pitch to get us back to where we should be! I noticed on another topic talk of Plymouth Managers such as Burgess (Vospers) Evans (Plymstock) up for better posts, why not Saltash! Think they could do really well as they both got good "cores" to their sides and mixing that core with SOME of the current Saltash squad i feel the club could climb back up the table! Thats if those players arent tapped by other premier sides soon!

Have to agree here, - Saltash, great club, good facilities but they are definetely under achieving. Seems like they need some new faces at the helm. Both managers that you suggest seem keen to work hard for a club and have to agree both have good "cores" to there teams.

Have to agree here, - Saltash, great club, good facilities but they are definetely under achieving. Seems like they need some new faces at the helm. Both managers that you suggest seem keen to work hard for a club and have to agree both have good "cores" to there teams.

Have you seen Vospers or Plymstock this season? Just curious as to who you would like player or manager wise from these clubs? obviously this is all hypothetical untill the powers that be pull their finger out and do something positive for the club!

I guess the speculation relating to who will manage who will grow and grow as the season has now officially ended. In these times of economic "melt-down", it must be so very hard to attract sponsorship to assist in building a strong squad. Perhaps some reality will have to "step in" and players will have to simply accept less or nothing at all.

Having followed Saltash United this season and for the past 40 plus years, apart from a few years as a Season Ticket holder at Plymouth Argyle, I cannot be alone in being pleased the season is now over. I truly felt the squad assembled would have been in the top three come end of season, but sadly we finished 6th.

Have just read a statement from Kevin Hendy(Saltash United-Manager) on the Saltash United web page, quite interesting reading. I for one did not know the expenses were cut and it would seem there were other problems behind the scenes, so I guess 6th place was admirable in the circumstances.

All very well linking the likes of Burgess and Evans to the Saltash United post, but what would they improve? Kevin Hendy is a very likeable guy and has a very good relationship with the majority of the team, if not all the team. It is a very known fact that he has also acquired considerable sponsorship for the club. What I do feel is missing is a good quality coach with experience. Not to replace Kevin Hendy, but to help bring the best out of what is a talented squad.

I guess in the coming weeks there will be movement of managers, players and committee members of several clubs. Could be intersting!

Best Food – St.Austell

Friendliest clubs – Penryn Athlectic

Best signing – Tim Nixon Penzance

Under performers – Saltash

Over achievers - St.Austell

Best crowd – St.Austell

Worst place to visit – Parkway, the sign in the portacabin says its all, “Parkway Football Club – Nobody likes us” Cant believe the committee would allow it, or have they no choice, even Millwalls board room doesn’t have that on the wall, the fans can say it but not the club itself. Why are you not liked? You have to ask!

Worst Facilities – Parkway

Best strike partnership – Nanks and Bods St.Austell

Best Goalkeeper – Chapman - Falmouth the reason why Falmouth didn’t lose more games this year.