Cornwall Football Forum

Holmans relegated from Mining 1

Had a blazing row with a league official at 5pm when I found out!!!!!!

I stated that I felt that to award the game to Trevenson was a really awful decision and that a replay was the better option in the spirit of football and the integrity of the mining league but hey!!!! what do I know!

I was informed that

a) Because we had more then the minimum required players we should have continued the game (even though the ref was effectivley removing both centre halfs and weakining our side with 80min to play)

B) The league was unaware of the agreement between both clubs to phone result as played following ref

departure

c)The law was broken regarding rings on fingers even though their had been no problem in the 25 matches previous and every ref I have spoken to felt that maybe the stance taken was a little harsh!!!!!

I'm gutted really as our future in Mining 1 was totally taken out of our hands with a game to go not by the way we played but by a commitee room! If a replay had been enforced Trevenson were more then good enough to spank us and send us to Div 2 which we would have complied with gracefully, I'm just pissed that now that is not even an option

Good luck to Rhonnda and his lads at Gulval for next year but I feel even they would probably agree their will be a "what if" with this years relegation outcome in what was lookng to be a very exciting end of season

I've now quit as manager and looking fwd to just playing next year(whatever league we are in) and try to enjoy my grassroots football without some of the c**p associated with it

Guest Shining_Light

hi pitty, im just a gulval player so u dont know me, but would trevenson really have spanked you? what about your first team in the side? wouldnt it have been the other way round? like it was against spice? its unlucky the league has ruled against you, but to say you would have gone down anyway is surely not what you really believe?

Shining light, Trevenson may have beaten us, we may of won or it could have been a draw we will never know now will we which is the point i'm trying to make!!!!!

I have used only one 1st team senior player all season and that was paul williams the goalie as the 1sts hair gel can't cope with Mining football!!!!

I do admit the 2nds (FHFL1) have helped out with a few players (and likewise we have helped them) but the team has always been the majority of 3rds

In our so called "friendly" with Trevenson all club teams had a game and yes we did win 6-0 but as i said earlier now we will never know what the scoreline in our final match would of been as the league have made their decision to award the game to the home side without a ball being kicked.

I have no beef with Gulval at all over this and i'm pleased for them that they stayed up as they cleary just had a poor season and i'm sure Rhonnda will get them going next season with a few new signings and will probably challenge towards the top

AS FAR AS TREVENSON IS CONCERNED I DIDNT WANT A REPLAY OR THE POINTS ,I MADE AN AGREMENT WITH PITTY THAT WE PLAY THE GAME AND THE RESULT WOULD STAND COME WHAT MAY<I DIDNT THINK WE WOULD LOSE 0-6>BUT TO GET 3 PTS FOR LOSING FAIR AND SQUARE IS NOT VERY SATISFYING,AND BEARING IN MIND WHAT WAS AT STAKE ,COMMON SENSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN USED :SM_carton:

Pitty., whilst i am happy that Gulval will still be in div. 1 next season, i agree with you on the manner in which we stayed up.

A replay would've seemed the most obvious course of action to most people, and although Trevenson realistically had nothing to play for in the game in question.(end of season apathy ) with a replay ordered, I'm sure that with the interest generated now by the leagues decision, a good , well contested game would've been had.

As for the use of senior players, i used the "tools" i could. Who wouldn't when fighting to stay up.?

Not the end to the season that any of us would've liked......... but one that all at Gulval are relieved at.!

All the best for next season to Holmans , and Pitty in particular..

Thanks to all the managers comments on this subject and I appreciate the support

it's a shame no mining league officials use this forum as much sense has been discussed on here and although it is a bitter pill to swallow their will be no needless appeal to the ccfa which is both a waste of money and very unlikely to change the outcome as we head for the barren no football allowed month of june!!!

Time to draw a line under proceedings now and hopefully we will have a good young squad (with a few oldies like me!!!) to bounce back next season and see you all back in mining 1 for the 09/10 season