Cornwall Football Forum

Truro v Hednesford

I must admit that after the first game I was a bit concerned especially as our 0-3 defeat was at home against a newly promoted team and we also played awful. However things have quite definately picked up. I don't hold with the nonsense that until Hednesford we hadn't played anyone good. It's usually results against the so called 'lesser' teams that promotions are won/lost. The top teams will usually take points off one another anyway so that evens itself out unless there are one or two outstanding teams.

However before we get too carried away let's not forget that we had a very good start last season and look at what happened after our great result at Maidstone in the FA Cup. It was car crash football until the end of February. Fingers crossed this season.

I must admit that after the first game I was a bit concerned especially as our 0-3 defeat was at home against a newly promoted team and we also played awful. However things have quite definately picked up. I don't hold with the nonsense that until Hednesford we hadn't played anyone good. It's usually results against the so called 'lesser' teams that promotions are won/lost. The top teams will usually take points off one another anyway so that evens itself out unless there are one or two outstanding teams.

However before we get too carried away let's not forget that we had a very good start last season and look at what happened after our great result at Maidstone in the FA Cup. It was car crash football until the end of February. Fingers crossed this season.

Yes the Maidenhead result (Truro City won 5-2) made most people take note, now we have them again, Maidenhead will be hell bent for revenge, not a good journey for Truro, it will be a much stronger Maidenhead team this time around. with three games before the first round proper an easier draw would have been preferable.

Maidenhead haven't scored many goals and have a -3 goal difference. Can anyone remenber what their league record was like when Truro played them last season?

Goldeneye, they had three good results prior to us thrashing them.

Earliest results first.

Home to Dover Draw .................. 0-0

Away to Bath Lost ..................... 0-1

Away to Braintree Lost................ 0-2

Home to Weymouth Draw ........... 1-1

Away to Basingstoke Draw ......... 0-0

Home to Newport County Lost ..... 1-3

Away to Staines Draw ................. 1-1

Home to Thurrock Lost ................ 0-2

Home to Welling Won ................. 2-0

Away to Woking Draw ................. 1-1

Away to Lewes Won ................... 2-1

Last Season :- Played 11 - Won 2 - Drawn 5 - Lost 4 - GF 8 - GA 12 - Pts 11

This Season :- Played.. 8 -- Won 4 - Drawn 1 - Lost 3 - GF 9 - GA 12 - Pts 13

Currently in 8th position.

I don't know what their league position was at that time but teams averaging

a point a game are usually hovering just above the relegation places.

That's my good deed for the day, my concern now is to get rid of my cold so I

can get to Hemel Hempstead on Saturday where their two prolific goalscorers

Ross Lefayette and Dennis Fenemore concern me, although we saw them off with

some comfort at the end of last season these two geezers top the Southern League

Premier Division goalscorers list, our top league scorer is penalty king McConnell

way back in 14th place.