Cornwall Football Forum

Praze Res, No Show

Can anyone from Praze confirm why there reserve team haven't shown up to there away fixture against Madron Res?

The probable reason being: Up until 9am this morning neither of Madrons teams opponents today nor the League fixture secretary or the Referee Appointments Officer have been able to contact the Madron secretary to confirm the games / advise changed referee appointments. That despite messages being left during the course of the week. Madrons opposition today [both teams] were not going to turn up on the off chance the teams would be there. Simple really

I do apologize to both teams but our secretary is in greece and he told us both games were on, our 1st team wnet up to play four lanes but were told that the manager was sacked and only had 9 players so they wasn't going to show up. If you in future need confirmation about fixtures regarding madron post something on here and I will get back to you, very sorry about today

I am the secretary of Praze FC. I made several attempts to contact Madron but got no answer. I spoke to the league who also made several attempts but also got no repsonse. The ref had not been contacted so he was pulled to another game. We wanted to play the game as much as anyone but assumed that Madron were not available.

Unfortunate for the boys who turned up but next time your secretary goes away, he needs to ensure someone is covering his duties.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Martin, Praze FC.