Cornwall Football Forum

Managerial Position for Falmouth Town AFC 3rd Team

Falmouth Town AFC are looking for a New Manager to take over the running of the 3rd team which is in the Falmouth Helston League Division 1. If you think you have what it takes to get involved and meet the challenge at this great club,then please contact any of the following club members.

Steve Kimberley 07799030357

Paul Murray 07887811554

Stephen Rose 07968515525

B) :thumbsup:

Wow, what happened to pete brewer? That didnt last long. Heres the shortlist of new managers

the bush brothers

kevin morris

nick chinn

scott roberts

richard chown

shifty

bruce rioch

kev toy.

haha what a random group of names. although if i had to pick one it would be kevin "school window smasher" morris. apparently he is stalling along with daniel bucks to sign on for mawnan. daniel has been tipped to join penryn combination side after crunch talks with the penryn management. mawnans loss, penryns gain. lovely man, lovely player.

the falmouth town job should be quite appealing for somebody but havent the majority of last years team gone to falmouth athletic?? who does that leave?? surely who ever comes in will have to get a whole new squad. maybe having a bit more notice would be better as most people have signed for clubs already. maybe im wrong. but maybe if falmouth gave a monkeys about its junior team then more emphasis would have been put on retaining the players from last year or planning ahead and getting a new manager ready so he could recruit new players. i understand pete brewer was put in place but what reason did he leave? was it that he had no support?? or was it that nobody would play for falmouth town, because pete knows plenty of people in local football. Paul Murray is a great guy and i imagine he attracts plenty of players to falmouth town. maybe the club should ask him to recommend somebody that will do the job and somebody that will get players that will be willing to step up and play combo when asked rather than make the junior team just feel like they are a seperate club under the same name. oh well. good luck to falmouth town and whoever takes the job.

phil

Tom and jerry, im flattered to be linked with such a illustrious job. One day mr jerry, one day!!!

I would like to say, mariner that yes i could probably sell snow to the eskimos, but try convinsing bushy junior to play is a different kettle of fish. He is like joe cole with his demands and i just cant match them. Id like to think with a few contacts one day i could be andy parrys relief and put penryn on the map with some major signings such as dan bucks and mark minto kent.

Mariner, mr jerry,

good luck for the season where ever you play. (call me)

if town cared more for there junior side they wouldn't be looking for another manager but looking forward to another season.after having pennty there who got them to div 1 and been sussecful along the way.then having phil there and him leaving,no wonder there in this position it there own fault.in that junior side over the years there players there who could easy step up to combo or be good back up like ross bowden,brett southerd,barny,steve kellow,matty prynn,jay durber,timmy hurrel,simon anderson,steve retchford,dan buckingham,glenn jefferys now they all playing away from town.who ever takes over good luck to them as it a big task to take on to be challenging in div 1 starting with hardly anything

if town cared more for there junior side they wouldn't be looking for another manager but looking forward to another season.after having pennty there who got them to div 1 and been sussecful along the way.then having phil there and him leaving,no wonder there in this position it there own fault.in that junior side over the years there players there who could easy step up to combo or be good back up like ross bowden,brett southerd,barny,steve kellow,matty prynn,jay durber,timmy hurrel,simon anderson,steve retchford,dan buckingham,glenn jefferys now they all playing away from town.who ever takes over good luck to them as it a big task to take on to be challenging in div 1 starting with hardly anything

Gentlemen,

I'm getting just a little bored with hearing about this topic from people who have only heard one side of the story. I suggest you ask the departed management the "real" reasons why they left and see if they are big enough to be honest and level with you.I certainly don't intend to discuss it on here for all the world to see-that would be unprofessional. Loyalty works both ways Guys and if I remember back to my own playing days,we played for the club and the badge,not an individual.Loyalty should always lie with the club in my book-maybe that's just me being old fashioned?!!

Most of the players you list above are known to me personally and I have high regard for them along with wishing that maybe some of them were still at FTAFC. No one at our club asked the Third Team or it's management Team to leave or go en masse to Athletic.Neither did any of them come and speak to me(apart from Derek Angove) or anyone else to voice any sort of opinions or say they were leaving-they just decided to go without a word.That's a real shame for them and us as a club because in spite of what's been said on this Forum,FTAFC really valued their contribution and participitation in making it another successful part of the club but didn't get the chance to tell them them so! Anyone who says different really doesn't know what they are talking about.So jolly well done to the "Old Thirds" for winning the Lockhart Cup for us last season after a thrilling final,decided on penalties and I wish you well for this season at your new club.

With regard to the position of Manager,we offered the job to Pete Brewer who assured us he was the right person to take over the role. He was with us for 2/3 short weeks but decided that family commitments were more important for him at this time and we respect his decision in stepping down without delay. Make no mistake about it-this is a big job at a big club to carry on the good work of previous managers.It is also important to us to find the right person and soon.We have a good infrastructure and involvement in training with all the senior teams together at pre and post season training.Yes we are short of players, but there is an enthusiastic core of good local lads who want to stay and be part of the Third Team set up and they deserve to have a good manager to help them along the football ladder to become even better players.Are you that person?!!

I think it should be mandatory to use your real name on here rather than hiding behind an psuedonym. This would ensure that everyone was on the same level playing field and not having a go at clubs or people whilst hiding their identity under a cloak.Before you place something on this Forum for all and sundry to read,why not check on the validity of what you are about to say and bear in mind that untrue statements are not funny and invariably hurt someone or a club,without question.

So finally-If you are reading this post and and feel you would like to step into Management,then give me a call in strict confidence for a chat. FTFC07 and Phil Mitchell-please feel free to call me for a chat too and I can tell you how much we care for and support all our players-my number is below!!

We look forward to seeing you at Bickland Park again this season!!

Steve Kimberley

Chairman

Falmouth Town AFC

Guest Grant Mitchell

i understand were ur coming from major, but i think my dear brother was only speaking the truth, and what he said is the thorts of most local people and players,

its a bit too late in the pre season for a new manager, beacause he has to attract new players which he would find hard as most players have already signed or know who they are going to play for next year.

me and phil think fal town 3rds will fold, and guess what grantys always right, best of luck in the new season.

grant

steve, im hardly hiding behind a screen name as my surname is on my profie pic and the ftfc07 stands for Falmouth Town FC!I wasn't aimimg at having a dig but more frustation at whats happened to the 3rds,after playing for the club in under 18's that derek ran to taking the step up to mens football in div 3 to playing in the team getting to div 1 before tearing my acl and stop playing for the club,as for the badge i hold town in high regards and growing up i was always watching town games and then playing still going to watch 1st and 2nd team games to following the 3rds round on crutches.i wasn't going to post on here but just felt like saying my view of it which is what this forum is for.i wish u best of luck in filling the role and having a good season :thumbsup: