Cornwall Football Forum

Under 18,s Final Wednesday 19th

Under 18's League Final Result

GODOLPHIN 3 Newquay 1

Congratulations and well done to Derek Fieldhouse & our under 18's squad who lifted the League Trophy at Mount Wise last night.

Godolphin took the lead through Ross Fallons on 10 minutes, with Newquay hitting back through a David Carne penalty ten miniutes later. Newquay had much the better of the remainder of the half and played some tidy football, only to find themselves trailing again when Josh Harris set up a second goal for Fallons who headed home late in the half.

In the second half, and with the mist thickening,both teams battled well but it was Godolphin who started to assert themselves with their physical strength in the midfield area, and perhaps better experience in most areas of the pitch coming into play.

The destiny of the title was assured on 70 minutes when Godolphin hit Newquay with a swift counter attack which was finished well by Tom Sheppard.

Well done to both teams for reaching the final by winning their respective leagues. It certainly shows that there is a wealth of young talent coming through in the Town for the future.

Derek I think you got your report spot on and there were no complaints from the Newquay boys. I echo your sentiments that there is a wealth of young football talent in this Town something that both you and I and everyone involved with both clubs should be proud. In fact everyone was a winner on the night as Newquay won the Western Division and Godolphin the Eastern Division and as I have said the "G" boys deservedly won the final play off between the teams at misty Mount Wise last night.