Cornwall Football Forum

life and times of an Argyle fan

went to the game against bristol city tonight.talk about highs and lows.we scored halfway through the first half and just before half time and were cruising.conceeded a goal ten minutes into the second half and almost fell apart then bristol got their second goal.i honestly thought we would lose.luckily for us campbell rice got sent off for 2 yellows and we scored in the last ten minutes.the feeling when the third goal went in was incredible.is this the turning point for the green army we need to be winning more games instead of draws hopefully this win will give us the belief to move up the league :smiley20::c: :yahoo:

went to the game against bristol city tonight.talk about highs and lows.we scored halfway through the first half and just before half time and were cruising.conceeded a goal ten minutes into the second half and almost fell apart then bristol got their second goal.i honestly thought we would lose.luckily for us campbell rice got sent off for 2 yellows and we scored in the last ten minutes.the feeling when the third goal went in was incredible.is this the turning point for the green army we need to be winning more games instead of draws hopefully this win will give us the belief to move up the league :smiley20::c::yahoo:

As a neutral it was a cracking game argyle all over bristol in the first half and deserved their 2 goal lead, second half they didn't come out and Bristol did look the most likely winners until the sending off which should have been a straight red, the fuss with trying to get a pilgrim sub on, and the 4th official putting 5 minutes up stirred up the crowd and when fletcher toe poked the ball into the net through a sea of legs in 90 + 2 the noise was brilliant.

Had to agree with the man of the match award Johnson was the best player on the pitch but Fletcher ran him a close second.

As a keeper i am proberbly more critical but thought Stockdale nearly cost argyle the game last night, first half he was fautless 2nd half his kicking went and fumbled a couple of crosses although he made a cracking save from a free kick. He dropped the ball in the last minute causing an almighty scramble and after fletcher scored and City kicked off the forward noticed him off his line and tried his luck and brushed the outside of the post from the kick off and a few of the argyle players ripped into him and at the final whistle it nearly turned into a fight with him having to be restrained.

Also they did play the ball on the ground on occasions rather than just belt it as high as they can, but I was disapointed with City they looked a poor side. As postman pat said maybe this will give them the belief that they can do it a big 6 pointer this saturday at scunthorpe...

Overall a very enjoyable evening and I even got on sky sports this morning in the crowd when City celebrated their equaliser.....

And spotted a couple of Perran players in the crowd who should have been at training ........

I need all Plymouth argyle fans, fanatics or just casual result checkers to fill out a survey for my dissertation it will take no longer than 3 minutes and it will help me out no end. I am comparing the fans of Plymouth Argyle to those from the Premier league so need as many to take it as possible.

Just follow the link below.

Thanks

Darren Meagor

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6QTMHFW

As a neutral it was a cracking game argyle all over bristol in the first half and deserved their 2 goal lead, second half they didn't come out and Bristol did look the most likely winners until the sending off which should have been a straight red, the fuss with trying to get a pilgrim sub on, and the 4th official putting 5 minutes up stirred up the crowd and when fletcher toe poked the ball into the net through a sea of legs in 90 + 2 the noise was brilliant.

Had to agree with the man of the match award Johnson was the best player on the pitch but Fletcher ran him a close second.

As a keeper i am proberbly more critical but thought Stockdale nearly cost argyle the game last night, first half he was fautless 2nd half his kicking went and fumbled a couple of crosses although he made a cracking save from a free kick. He dropped the ball in the last minute causing an almighty scramble and after fletcher scored and City kicked off the forward noticed him off his line and tried his luck and brushed the outside of the post from the kick off and a few of the argyle players ripped into him and at the final whistle it nearly turned into a fight with him having to be restrained.

Also they did play the ball on the ground on occasions rather than just belt it as high as they can, but I was disapointed with City they looked a poor side. As postman pat said maybe this will give them the belief that they can do it a big 6 pointer this saturday at scunthorpe...

Overall a very enjoyable evening and I even got on sky sports this morning in the crowd when City celebrated their equaliser.....

And spotted a couple of Perran players in the crowd who should have been at training ........