Booters v Truro G.W.R.S.A.

Threemilestone v West Cornwall

Tremough v Gloweth United

Division Two

Crowntown with Crowan v Culdrose Star

M/Pad United v Tremough Two

Penzance Astro Park v Wendron

Shortlanesend v Storm

Fixtures taken from the Mitoo website, im sure Bill will let us know if there have been any changes!?

Wendron vs Penzance cancelled

Well what can i say, offered to take over the running of this new sunday league team and can already see what the main core of the problem is... lack of dedicated players. :(

Only 8 showed after receiving feedback that 11 players would show and after agreeing with the home team to only play 35 mins each half with my bare 11 a couple decided not to get changed, why bother turning up in the first place i say. :angry2:

I will now spend as much time as poss to turn this team around rather than see it fall by the wayside and can at least say i tried rather just fold. :thumbsup:

If any players out there can spare a sunday morning, i'm not looking for great players just commited ones that will turn up when they say they will and to say if they cant rather than not show.

My deepest apologies to the gaffer at penzance once again and to the ref because im sure they all got better things to do than get mucked about like this on a sunday morning and really feel bad about this one :angry2:

I will try my upmost to turn this around but if i cant then it could be the end for wendron..... :unsure:

Wendron vs Penzance cancelled

Well what can i say, offered to take over the running of this new sunday league team and can already see what the main core of the problem is... lack of dedicated players. :(

Only 8 showed after receiving feedback that 11 players would show and after agreeing with the home team to only play 35 mins each half with my bare 11 a couple decided not to get changed, why bother turning up in the first place i say. :angry2:

I will now spend as much time as poss to turn this team around rather than see it fall by the wayside and can at least say i tried rather just fold. :thumbsup:

If any players out there can spare a sunday morning, i'm not looking for great players just commited ones that will turn up when they say they will and to say if they cant rather than not show.

My deepest apologies to the gaffer at penzance once again and to the ref because im sure they all got better things to do than get mucked about like this on a sunday morning and really feel bad about this one :angry2:

I will try my upmost to turn this around but if i cant then it could be the end for wendron..... :unsure:

Thanks for that Lionheart and best of luck turning things around. Have had plenty of difficulties myself fielding a regular side this season (unsurprisingly more often for away games than home). Obviously the weather hasn't helped as never having a run of more than 2 games in a row since September has probably led to people losing a bit of interest. Just try and get through the 1st season any old way - I remember how often we got hammered back when we started out as Baltic Pine but things WILL improve, and the Sunday league has some good lads and teams involved. Got to admit I've had doubts about carrying on this season even though we've won more than we've lost (which is a fairly rare occurrance down these parts :lol: ), but just gotta get on with it and enjoy the high points.

Yeah it was disappointing not playing today especially as it's the best weather and pitch we've had for a while and I cleared 2 of the biggest dogturds I've ever seen off the pitch :o but hopefully we'll get the cup game played next week at yours. On a brighter note, I think I managed to convince the leisure centre to waive all or at least some of the fee to hire the pitch so we may not do a Pompey quite yet! :lol:

Oh, and maybe Grant should consider a change of job.. £16 just for getting changed - a career in male modelling awaits.. ;) :P

Crowntown 2 Culdrose 10

Crowntown struggled to raise a side - not a good event playing the League leaders. As we can see in earlier posts, this seems to be a common problem this season. Crowntown have struggled consistently, Storm, Gloweth and now Wendron not raising a side this week. This is not a good sign.

Eventually, Crowntown cobbled together a side of sick, lame and , well not lazy, but certainly not a side that had played together. We last played Star in January. Four of that team turned out today. Today's goalkeeper last played when the keeper could run with the ball as long as he bounced it every 3 steps! (Penalised early for putting the ball down dribbling it and then picking it up - "No One told me that the rules had changed.") To give him credit he made some fine blocks and was worth his place.

Unfortunately, the home team found it difficult to compete and regularly shipped goals. Crowntown had some good chances, hit the bar and the ball bouncing free along the six yard box but no one could make contact. In reply to Star's 6, Crowntown had two - a penalty and one that was entirely due to Darren Drew's determination. Oh, and Crowntown's Dan Symons scored two own goals.

Second half the wind strengthened to a gale against Crowntown (Just what you need 6-2 down.) Some determined defending kept the score down to 10 - with several real chances for Crowntown, many misses and determined blocks at the other end.

Well done Star. Excellent from Crowntown - never letting heads drop and fighting to the last minute.

Excellent refereeing performance from George Pattison.

MPAD 1-1 Tremough.

Not a great performance from mpad. Most teams are struggling to field teams. Its a good job we have so many with all the people dropping out each week.had 1 nt turn up this morning, several players out and still had 15. 4 different faces and half the team having to play in different positions since our last game against Tremough and it showed. No excuses though, Tremough deserved there point and with the chances they had in the 1st half were possibly unlucky not to take all 3 points.

Darren Griffiths with a top corner header after 25mins (first start outfield since October and am feeling it!!)

Tremough equalised desevedly just before halftime.

Very scrappy 2nd half. couple of saves from both keepers but nothng too threatening apart from a very good save from the Tremough keeper from a mike cudlip snap shot. probably a fair result in the end

Well reffed by Nigel Nicholls as always. Tough when needs to be but has respect for everyone and likes to enjoy what hes doing. well done mate

I see storm failed to raise a team again. Think (not certain) that we are playing them next week. I will be v v cheesed off if they fail to turn up against us again. what is going on these days???

Guest feasey1

Friendly: Tremough 12 - 3 Falmouth Athletic (9-1 ht)

Thankyou very much to the lads who showed to give us a game. Just a shame Gloweth were unable to raise a side to give us a game themselves

theremilestone 3-0 west cornwall

two new signings Liam Patterson and Dean 'Shabba' Robins seemed to have made the side alot more solid hopefully we can win are next 2 games and maybe even avoid relegation!

Very disappointing morning for West Cornwall yesterday. We turned up to TMS just before 10 to find no one there and no nets up..After looking like the morning would be a write off the TMS lads slowly started turning up but alas no sign of any referee. We decided that because we were there and kitted up we might as well go ahead with the game and one of the TMS lads very kindly agreed to ref (without a whistle).

Onto the game itself and the poor surface prevented us from playing any football at all and with the strong winds stopping us playing a more direct game into the channels we were doomed from the off. TMS took their goals well, albeit they were all handed to them by sloppy defending and a near nonexistent (at times) West Cornwall midfield. After they scored we did our classic trick of letting our heads drop and lost what little shape we had. To be honest from that point on there was only going to be one outcome.

Well done to TMS and best of luck on your remaining games. :smiley20:

Knock Out Cup semi-final Carlyon Arms 3 - Tregonissey 1, Newquay Central v Galleon postponed because The Sunday League forgot to book a neutral venue. Clubs are fined £10 here, £10 there because they don't cross T's and dot I's, the people "running" our league fail to organise a venue for the semi-final and we all just move on as if nothing has happened. We (The Carlyon Arms) played our semi-final at our home venue Par Running track which Tregonissey kindly agreed to because the league failed both clubs in organising a neutral pitch. With fixtures backing up in an already crowded fixture list it is important that wherever possible we get games played. The failure to play this semi means important league fixtures will be pushed back to accommodate it. The obvious solution would have been for the game to have gone ahead at either of the 2 clubs pitches, knowing both Galleon and Newquay Central are clubs that would just want to get the game on. The league requested over the weekend the game be called off rather than the above solution be mooted. It is hoped that with advance notice of the final the powers that be may be able to organise a venue for the final though my old man's back garden is on standby if need be.

White Hart Cup semi finals Foxhole 0 - Blue Anchor 1, Packhorse 4 - Luxulyan 1