Cornwall Football Forum

A few weeks ago i watched Hayle 4ths play Lizard 2nds in FAL/HEL div 3, it was quite an even game with Lizard winning 1-0. On Sat Hayle were at home to Lizard so i decided to watch, Lizard had more or less the same side but Hayle had quite a changed team. Having asked around i was told that Madran who play in the mining league did not have a game so a few of there players played for Hayle.It was a totally one sided match with one of the Madran players scoring 5 or 6 of Hayles goals.Im not saying any rules have been broken, but is there a need to bring in players from higher junior leagues to play a team near the bottom of the league.

This problem will go at the end of next season when the FHFL & Mining leagues amalgamate meaning that Madron will be in the same league as Hayle so will be unable to "loan" players

Personally I think the rule that you can only sign for one team irrespective of senior/junior status would eradicate many problems. Obviously a cap on senior teams playing a large number of players in junior sides (ie 2) would need to be implemented to prevent overloading of sides.

Hi Neil I like your idea but that would give an advantage to those teams that have a combo side, and a disadvantage to those that don't.And what about a player that signs for a combo club that has no junior team, if they cant make the combo there will be no where for them to go.as a junior club would,nt be able to transfer them or void there registration. Just a thought mate.

Hi Kev i understand where you are coming from and as we are in the a club with junior and senior teams although (at the moment at least!!!!) only seperated by 1 division however You can play 2 re-instated Combo players now in junior football so if you have the cap at 2 it would not be much different from the re-instatement rule thats in place (apart from the fact you save yourself £6 that you have to pay to the CCFA :angry2: )

To transfer a player i'm sure a system could exist that the registration was cancelled by the combo league if they transfered to a junior side and vice versa if the junior player transferred to a combo side with a 1 club registration im sure in this day and age the registration secretaries could work from 1 excel spreadsheet which they could E-mail to each other on a friday that would hold all registered players for their respective leagues

I'm pretty sure a rule exists limiting junior sides playing more then 3 players from a higher junior division to prevent overloading I also know of combo players who have a junior side at their combo club signing for a different club on junior forms....good to see club loyalty there especially when in the past incidents have occured where the senior players have played for a club that is in the same division as their 2nds junior side

I can see your point on the fact if somebody is signed to a Combo side with no junior side they would be unable to play junior football however normally if you have a combo side with no junior side it usually means they have a SWPL side......I think a SWPL manager would much rather have his 2nd team players not playing for other clubs and being available and striving to be selected for the 1st team

If you are only allowed to register for just 1 saturday side it prevents teams being artificially enhanced towards the end or start of the season in particular during midweek games. The cap on players from higher divisions prevents overloading sides giving unfair advantage to sides with senior sides and also makes registration much easier 1 form (eg senior/junior cup)

Do I think this will ever happen........probably not :( The re-instatement fee is a nice earner for the CCFA

however with the new league coming into force this is the time at the mining & FHFL league AGM's this year to submit any proposed rule changes or voice any ideas for the inaugral season of the new combined league