Cornwall Football Forum

City 2-2 Clevedon Town

I was one of the 556. Disastrous defensive shambles led to equaliser for Clevedon announced as in the 45+1 minute! Truro had so many shots on goal, far more than Clevedon, but so many were off target, others too close to the 'keeper. This poor conversion rate is something the new manager will no doubt have noted and sort out. With Clevedon's No. 9 Truro would have won by a country mile.

You have to say this was a two points dropped game!

Andy Watkins, who once again looked lively upfront, and Yetts could have wrapped the game up late on. But can someone tell me why Joe Broad doesn't play more these days? Once on, City looked far better going forward.

Shame about the missed opportunities from the free-kicks too - just not good enough come the end of the day.

I was stood 10 yards away from the penalty incident and it was blatant to say the least, I think the Ref was worried about looking like a homer as there was no doubt and he was in a great position on the edge of the box.

I was stood next to new signing Kyle Tooze's dad and he was quite impressed with the set up and ambition of Truro City, it seems they are respected more out of county than in.

Truro should have won and some of the football they played was top drawer, they just had no end product. I agree that if they had clevedon's no 9 they would heve won by a mile he was a real handful. Good game almost worth a tenner however the bar had run out of almost all of its beer prior to kick off surely a missed opportunity.... Unless you love rattler that is.

Disappointed to drop two points but at least we played like we gave a damn. We created enough chances to beat them and Yetts will be kicking himself for his miss (no jokes that he'd probably miss). Les rattled the bar and their keeper produced a couple of fine saves especially one towards the end of the game. Yes Watto should have had a penalty - I didn't even have my glasses on and it was obvious!

But one thing our new gaffer will have to sort out is our defence and crosses. It's so bad that I can't even bring myself to do the old Dracula joke (and that's as old as the Count himself). It's not as if we've got defenders the size of Les Afful so they should do better than they do.

The new lad looked useful, but as one comes another goes. Sorry to hear Graeme Power is leaving us. Apart from being a quality player it was nice to have someone around with less hair than I've got :D . All the best Graeme, you were our best full back since Darren Redding.

Mind to be honest I was just glad that we actually had a game to go to so I could pose in my new City gear courtesy of the sale at Tony Price Sports. I couldn't help notice quite a few of us at the game seemed to be wearing shiny new merchandise - that's us City fans, we know a bargain when we see one.