Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 6/12

West Cornwall Vs Wendron Off

Penz Astro Vs TMS looking doubtful

I can see real problems already with next week's League fixtures.

Already 4 teams, possibly 6, are out of the frame as the County Cup games take precedence.

I can see that some late re-fixturing is likely. In fact, a quick look shows that, if the Astro game is indeed off, EVERY game in division two next week will indeed be affected.

Up to now, ALL County Sunday cup games in the west are OFF

Penz Astro Vs TMS

Culd. Star Vs Shortlanesend

Tremough Vs Booters

West Cornwall Vs Wendron (Not Booters)

(O.K. so I made a mistake. It happened once before when I thought I was wrong. But, of course, I was right.)

All off - so all those matches MUST carry forward to next week.

Div 1 Halsetown V GWRSA - as far as I know, (8 p.m.) still on.

Div 2 Storm Vs Crowntown

Mpad Vs Tremough Two OFF

This means that EVERY MATCH FIXTURED FOR NEXT SUNDAY IN THE WEST IS OFF apart from Halsetown Vs Gloweth.

If the Halsetown Vs GWRSA does take place tomorrow, we have one fixture surviving for 13th December.

I will contact clubs tomorrow with a revised set of fixtures for next week.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a game to record the results of?

Result!!!

Halsetown 0 Truro GWRSA 5

No referee so they had to recruit a passer-by to take the whistle. The pitch looked playable but, after a heavy shower was very soft in the middle. The ref decided that 40 mins each way would be enough on that surface and both teams agreed.

As referee, I must say that it was a pleasure. Both sides played hard and fair. In spite of the conditions, there was not a nasty tackle from either side. Decisions were accepted without argument.

The game; GWRSA simply proved too strong for the Halsetown team. Both sides attempted, and succeeded in playing some good football. GWRSA simply proved better in the final third.

0 - 2 at half time with a penalty and toe poke from close range.

Second half, GWRSA were really the only team that looked like scoring, making it 0 - 5 before the end.

Scorers Chris Tolley 2, Brendan Hitchens 3.

Referee, magnificent.

Carlyon Arms 2 - Packhorse 3. Carlyon Arms, current league champions and league leaders crash out of Sunday cup to a team they defeated 10-3 last month. 2-0 up with 30 minutes left the home team were undone by a spirited Packhorse performance. We can have no complaints and congratulate the away team for turning not just the game but their season around.

Up to now, ALL County Sunday cup games in the west are OFF

Penz Astro Vs TMS

Culd. Star Vs Shortlanesend

Tremough Vs Booters

West Cornwall Vs Booters

All off - so all those matches MUST carry forward to next week.

Div 1 Halsetown V GWRSA - as far as I know, (8 p.m.) still on.

Div 2 Storm Vs Crowntown

Mpad Vs Tremough Two OFF

This means that EVERY MATCH FIXTURED FOR NEXT SUNDAY IN THE WEST IS OFF apart from Halsetown Vs Gloweth.

If the Halsetown Vs GWRSA does take place tomorrow, we have one fixture surviving for 13th December.

I will contact clubs tomorrow with a revised set of fixtures for next week.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a game to record the results of?

WOW..... Booters must have a big squad to play two games and cup games at that on one sunday morning :clapper:

FA Womens Cup Second Round

Newquay 2 Swindon Town 0

A fairly even first half with the wind in Swindon's favour was ended by a goal for Newquay almost on the half time whistle.

Newquay dominated the second half and scored a second in the 58th minute with a shot over the visiting keeper.Newquay probably should have scored again but will be happy to progress.

Well referee-ed by Gary Cornish.

Carlyon Arms 2 - Packhorse 3. Carlyon Arms, current league champions and league leaders crash out of Sunday cup to a team they defeated 10-3 last month. 2-0 up with 30 minutes left the home team were undone by a spirited Packhorse performance. We can have no complaints and congratulate the away team for turning not just the game but their season around.

I'm just jealous that you played mate. St Blazey haven't played since 1st November and i think were starting to forget what each other look like. Were 4 games behind you in the league and getting back logged in the cups!!

I noticed you were missing a few key players against Packhorse but to be fair the little bit of the second half that i saw they thoroughly deserved it for their efforts. Dingle is always a big miss for you and perhaps Wacky's leadership!

Were scheduled to meet in a fortnight's time down Blaise Park in the cup.....but don't hold your breath, it may have to be a water polo match instead at this rate!

We congratulated Packhorse for their performance after the game, they showed what a team can do when they really apply themselves. I wish a few other teams in the league would show that kind of performance to make the league more interesting. I know what you are saying about Chris and Wacky but teams like St Blazey and Sandy are where they are because of the layers that can come in when they're missing. We can't offer any excuses because we haven't got any, Packhorse wanted it more. The only thing that bothered me was a few comments from their players after the game about stopping a team like us winning all the trophies. We've only really had this level of success on the field since Dinks took over and the team are all junior status players + a few old hands like me, Wacky and Geordie. As soon as we became successful teams became resentful. You wonder what teams really want from the league? You have teams like us and St Blazey, well organised, able to attract players and field a decent team every week. The other teams teams seem to resent this and expect us to come down to their level as opposed to those teams taking a look at what they're doing and trying to emulate us.