Cornwall Football Forum

Wadebridge v St Blazey - attendance 125

Nice round number this one - clearly plucked out of thin air by a club official who hadn't even bothered to look and see how many people were actually in the ground.

The only explanation I can find for 125 is double vision, and even that's optimistic!

What is the point in recording attendance figures at all when this keeps happening?

Guest Peppermint

I was at this entertaining match and must admit I did not really try and count the spectators present or estimate the numbers. How many then Dan did you estimate - it must have been near a hundred at least if you counted the people in cars at the top end - I was surprised the crowd was not more but still thought it was a reasonable size.

I think it does matter because the league are trying to make the leagues the most prefessional they can. Whats the point in making stuff up?

There were no more than 75 watching that match. I did see the odd few sat in their cars but if that was 10 more than a crowd of 85 would be about right.

Just so you no, tomorrows match at Blaize Park is a near 6500 sell out. The last 150 tickets remain on sale behind the bar. :D

Nice round number this one - clearly plucked out of thin air by a club official who hadn't even bothered to look and see how many people were actually in the ground.

The only explanation I can find for 125 is double vision, and even that's optimistic!

What is the point in recording attendance figures at all when this keeps happening?

Maybe you should have gone to specsavers.

In terms of the numbers they are as accurate as they can be when you take gate receipts, free entrances and late arrivals.

The crowd was counted late in the 1st half and the figure included all of those above. It was validated by two seperate officials and considered valid before sending to the league.

We have no need to inflate the numbers. It does us no good, and is a pointless exercise, unlike your post.

The Blazey supporters on the night seemed to enjoy themselves and supported their team well.

Surely that should be enough.

If all you have time to do is make posts like this then Dan you need to get out more!! :angry2:

Fair enough if that was the crowd. God nos where they were hiding because i counted only 75 just before half time who were actually watching the game. I didnt count the ones in the cars etc.

So people in the ground watching was 75.

The other 50 must have enjoyed the radio as well as the football.

In terms of the numbers they are as accurate as they can be when you take gate receipts, free entrances and late arrivals.

The crowd was counted late in the 1st half and the figure included all of those above. It was validated by two seperate officials and considered valid before sending to the league.

We have no need to inflate the numbers. It does us no good, and is a pointless exercise, unlike your post.

The Blazey supporters on the night seemed to enjoy themselves and supported their team well.

If all you have time to do is make posts like this then Dan you need to get out more!! :angry2:

OK, cheers for the clarification. All the best.

Guest plainmoor

The clubs in the SWPL are supposed to have a secure fence or suchlike all around the ground, are they not? There is one way in and one way out, be it on foot or in a car is this not the case?

So why the hell do people have to go around counting heads close to half time? would it not just be a lot better (and easier) to tally up the people (free or paying) as they enter the ground with a count clicker?

Why make work for yourself?

On a seperate note I was watching a game a couple of months ago, I knew the chairman and he asked me how many he thought were in attendence, I gave him my figure, he told me his and then took an average of them both and submitted that total to the league and that's done at every home match.