Cornwall Football Forum

TALK ABOUT TAKING ADVANTAGE

Coopsie

Well with Villa, Man Citeh, Liverpool, Arse-anal and pretty much anyone else close to us dropping points yesterday, the onus was on Spurs to capitalise and make the most of those results by taking maximum points at home against a very good, solid Wigan side.

Well one could say it was a case of "Job done"!!

9-1 COYS :thumbsup::clapper: :yahoo:

Two words Mr C. And the second one is off!! Think i may have to make excuses not to play for the next few years, so as not to have to put up with the undoubted abuse i will receive up at shadrachs den!!!

Fair play to you for coming straight on here, my much suffering Wigan supporting friend ;) .. The thing is, Wigan didn't even play poorly. Spurs were absolutely sensational today, and to top it all off, Defoe gets 5 goals BUT I wouldn't even give him man of the match. Lennon showed he's head and shoulders above ANY right winger in the country and would get my vote for M.O.T.M today :o

Now we can look forward to Match Of The Day 2, where Spurs will, as per usual, receive NO CREDIT whatsoever for their performance. Wait til you see Bentleys freekick, not bad for a guy who's played about 12 seconds of footy this season (After he scored it, SkySports apparantly said it was an own goal)...

Brilliant to score 9 (Wigan's defending in the Second half was shocking), but the 3 points was the most important thing today after sides around us dropped points yesterday.

Big game against Villa next week. :thumbsup:

Agree totally with Coopsie, despite Defoe hitting 5 goals, Lennon was absolutely electric today and was MotM, he's unplayable when he's like that, and not bad for a player with no end product as the 'experts' say! ^_^

The only disappointing thing about today was we couldn't quite get the extra 8 goasl to go above Arsenal! :wacko:

The only disappointing thing about today was we couldn't quite get the extra 8 goasl to go above Arsenal! :wacko:

Where are the "mouth's of the south" this weekend anyway?. Normally so much to say :unsure::rolleyes:;)

congrats on scoring 9 past wigan-isnt that a new prem record????

Arsenal slipped up but im sure we will still be in the title race come march hopefully-this time last year we were out of it.

like i said yesterday coopsie-my worst nightmare-spurs playing champ lg footy-could happen IF you can sustain consistency

Where are the "mouth's of the south" this weekend anyway?. Normally so much to say :unsure::rolleyes:;)

Arsenal slipped up but im sure we will still be in the title race come march hopefully-this time last year we were out of it.

like i said yesterday coopsie-my worst nightmare-spurs playing champ lg footy-could happen IF you can sustain consistency

Smithy fella, you are NOT one of the so called "mouthy" sods I was on about.. Man United beat Ipswich 9-0 to set the biggest victory record. Think Wigan are somewhat better than Ipswich were though (Ask Chelsea ;) )

As for your "sustain consistency" remark.. Mate, this is Spurs. Not too sure consistency is in our vocabulary :unsure: ;)

No, Man United beat Ipswich 9-0 in 1995.

No, Man United beat Ipswich 9-0 in 1995.

Beat you to it big fella ;) :c:

Fantastic result.

Next 2 league games, Aston Villa and Everton away,and squeezed in between that is a little Carling Cup tie

away to Man Utd.

That will test the consistency theory.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

somersetspur, Now in your own words (Below)

I tell you one thing,I hardly bother with this forum any more,its going down hill fast,if this is the best threads

you can come up with. :SM_carton:

I did not think you bothered with the forum much nowadays? Hmmm seems that is about to change after todays result then. :clapper:

Talk about lack of ambition Smithy! Surely as an alledged big club you would hope to still be in the title race in May? Small steps is perhaps wise though, play well until March then play the season out in a wimper. Just like L*******l, next year will be ours!! ;)

One thing better than being Yid.....being a YID and knowing Chris Parkinson. One thing better than being Yid and knowing Chris Parkinson......being a YID and having Parkys number!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COYS

:drink::lol::thumbsup::yahoo:

I expected better from you Mr Stevens!! Plus coopsie beat you to it, he started when it was only 5-1! :angry2::SM_carton:

Yeah, I'm not too sure what happened after that mate. I think an overwhelming feeling of pity came over me?. Decent performance, I just wish Lennon could get that much reported lack of "end result" incorporated into his game. He'd really be worth a place in the team then :rolleyes: ..

Still got Luka "The Magician" Modric to come back and pull a few strings aswell. Things are looking OK at the moment. However, this is Spurs, just you watch us go out and lose 4-0 at Villa next time out :rolleyes: