Cornwall Football Forum

Length of bans ?

This is from the FA website. It would appear that assault causing or attempting to cause bodily harm to a match official is a minimum 5 year suspension.

I would say that assaulting a spectator should be treated at least as seriously as assaulting a match official?

Just spitting at a match official is a one year suspension.

Recommended Punishments

Assaults on Match Officials

There are 3 categories of assault: Common Assault, Assault causing or attempting to cause bodily harm and Assault

causing serious bodily harm.

(a) (i) Common Assault

182 days suspension plus £150 fine

(ii) Common Assault by way of spitting at or on a Match Official

1 year suspension plus £150 fine

(B) Assault causing or attempting to cause bodily harm

Sine die suspension with no review to be considered under a period of 5 years plus £250 fine

© Assault causing serious bodily harm

Permanent suspension - no review to be considered under a period of 10 years

Assaults by Participants on other Participants

The following recommended punishments relate to where it has been reported that a Participant has perpetrated an

assault on another Participant causing serious bodily harm before, during or after a match.

(a) Assault by player

Suspension for a minimum of 140 days plus £150 fine for a first offence up to, depending on severity, sine

die with no review for 5 years

(B) Assault by Club Official

Suspension from football and all football activities for a minimum of 140 days plus £150 fine for a first

offence up to, depending on severity, sine die with no review for 5 years

It does seem strange why everyone on here commenting on the punishments handed down to the players thought they were extremely lenient.

The ccfa must have their reasons and as a bit of PR it could only be good for them to give an official statement explaining how they came to decision they made with respect to such a high profile case.

Surely the ccfa must have an obligation to everyone connected to cornish football as if it werent for the everyone connected to cornish football then the ccfa wouldnt have a need to exist.

I am sure some ccfa officials must follow this site, so come on ccfa, to show your people that you know what you are doing lets have a press statement explaining how you came about the level of punishment handed out to the two players and clubs as we are all desperate to know.

Guest Cappuccino

Great idea Hoofer - but that would mean that the County FA would allow themselves to be transparent and inform the public of their commitment to justice and fair play. Having to be accountable to, what is after all their paymasters, the football clubs of the County, is certainly not in their remit.

For them it is all behind closed doors and the old pals act - unfortunately they seem accountable to no one. I thought the Victorian Age and attitudes were long gone but thanks to these outmoded and dictatorial people it is alive and almost kicking in their office in St Austell.

It is fairly obvious to even the average moron that justice has not been done in this case and the County FA wll continue to ride roughshod over everyone and they will dip their mouths into the trough on Easter Monday before the Senior and Junior Cup Finals and self congratulate themselves on what a great job they are doing.

To my knowledge every other organisation in sport in our County allows their members to have their say and elect officers that they want at AGM's but not Cornwall County Football Association Ltd!!!!!!!

Perhaps as this is such a high profile case, ccfa's clients (cornish football clubs) should apply some pressure on them to explain themselves in this particular instance.

For example, if I were the Newquay secretary I would feel inclined to get some kind of petition signed by fellow cornish clubs demanding an explanation. If this proves fruitless then the petition could go to Soho Square for their reaction.

This is what you call a FINE

Shaftesbury of the Wessex League Div 1 (Step 6) were fined £2000

for Ineligible players and falsifying team sheets and record cards

Their manager was suspended from the League for two years.

If you remember Shaftesbury were eliminated from the Vase after winning at Bodmin for playing a cup tied goalkeeper.

There is a £300 fine for non attendance at the Wessex League (monthly?) meeting for club Chairmen and Secretaries

I think you will find the word is GUTLESS. The CCGA have taken the least course of action. Instead of supporting Cornish football they have laughed at you all Just think, I wonder what would have happened if a member of CCFA had been caught up in the melee? . The answer speaks for itself. I'm afraid beign a spectator in Cornwall is a dangerous hobby.

You know what, I have come to accept the fact that the lengths of bans are lenient and can live with that. What I cant work out and indeed accept is why Newquay got fined, can anyone else think of a scenario where the victims of assault get fined?

"The charge against Newquay FC was also found proven"

To quote Ricky Tomlinson in the Royle Family "My arse Barb".