Cornwall Football Forum

Removal of Whetter Topic

The author of the first posting had the Lee Allen Windows advert underneath his posting, a member of the St Austell club based on his previous posting. Perhaps it was that fact or possibly because a good 99% of those who had replied thought the CCFA had not carried out their duty without a helping hand, or word from those who had most to fear.

The technical term for what St Austell and the CCFA have done is 'a complete stitch up'. It is the talk of the county, at the match I attended today, most agreed that had the CCFA issued a 2 year ban to the players, then no one would have argued, although quite why the Newquay club were charged with anything still baffles most people.

I still dont get why it was removed. I thought this site was all about free speech and opinions relating to cornish football.

Was it removed at the request of the ccfa?

Anyway, Newquay arent best pleased about being stitched up as a recent report below shows. You gotta feel for them and I hope the players involved stand up like men and meet the cost of the fines involved to both clubs.

Newquay Football Club have launched a broadside at the Cornwall FA for the way they believe they were "unfairly" treated and punished at a disciplinary commission this week called to investigate the fracas at their game against St Austell at Poltair last month.

The Mount Wise club were fined £200, of which £100 was suspended for 12 months, and also warned as to their future conduct, after being found guilty of failing to control their players/ supporters -a charge they strongly denied.

Also at the hearing, two AFC St Austell players – Lee Whetters and Ben Douglas - were banned for 20 weeks and also fined for their part in the unsavoury incidents, while St Austell were fined £500, half of which was suspended, after being found guilty of a similar charge to Newquay.

In a statement on the Newquay official website, club secretary Derek Cherry said: “All of the accounts, both written and verbal were honest and heartfelt and I am sorry that they were not believed.

“Our fans were subjected to a violent attack from players and staff at AFC St Austell and with one notable exception, no one (from the CCFA or AFC St Austell) has enquired as to their well being or apologised for the attack.

“Mr Whetters did send a letter of apology to the club and I would like to thank him for that.

“I do not understand exactly what the club has been found guilty of. Failing to stop our supporters from defending themselves?

“ I did ask during the hearing but I am not allowed speak about that. Suffice to say that I am still none the wiser.

" I would also like to apologise to all of Newquay’s supporters, players and committee for naively believing that the club would get a fair hearing but in that regard I was sadly mistaken.

"There are grounds for appeal but sadly the club cannot afford to go down that path. Even if the appeal was upheld by the FA, the CCFA is under no obligation to agree with the FA’s findings so I think it would be a pointless exercise."

It now remains to be seen how the County FA react to Newquay's outspoken comments.

The author of the first posting had the Lee Allen Windows advert underneath his posting

Hoofer ... it's not necessarily one of the Forum admin that have removed. Certainly I and one other of the five know nothing about it. That's why Nemesis mentioned who started the thread .... because he might have decided to take it off.

Freedom of football speech is very much what this Forum is about, and will continue to be so. :c:

I removed the topic as it had gone of the topic and was beginning to become a personal attack on two individuals and that is not what i started the topic for.

I also agree that the length of ban is very small considering the charge.

If you notice i am no longer connected with AFC St Austell hence the screen name change.

Hope this explains the situation.

I removed the topic as it had gone of the topic and was beginning to become a personal attack on two individuals and that is not what i started the topic for.

I also agree that the length of ban is very small considering the charge.

If you notice i am no longer connected with AFC St Austell hence the screen name change.

Hope this explains the situation.

Wasn't it a personal attack that started the whole thing off ?