Cornwall Football Forum

Nuneaton 4 - 0 Truro City

Two defeats on the bounce. Farnborough running away with the league.

Mid table this season?

When you got promoted to this league you were always going to come across better opposition than what you were used to playing against , And dont forget how far you are travelling for away games , i dont know how much money heaney pumps into your team but to progress any further he will have to splash a lot more cash than at present and dont forget its tougher in every league above, Promotions arent always poss :(

Where have all the Truro City fans gone, only one known City fan has made a Comment on the Nuneaton Truro City match,

I do not suport the City, but after all they are Cornwalls top team, & have done very well as a team,

but why do we get plenty of Comments on this thread when they win, but hardly a whisper when they loose a game, come on you City fans as already mentioned here the higher up you go the harder it is going to be, but win or loose, stand up & be counted as true Truro City fans, take the rough with the smooth,

stiff upper lip & all that,

I expect a lot of the City players read this forum, & they need & expect their fans to be fully suporting them win or loose,

so come on Cornishmen will know the reason why, get in there & Fight for your team.

Hammers :c::clapper::thumbsup: :c:

In all fairness it's quite normal for fans to be vocal in victory and a bit more subdued in defeat. Mind, on saying that there are some fans who seem to be never happier than when they're moaning about a defeat or run of bad form and for some reason they seem to stand near me.

Having watched City since I moved down here in the early 80's (the first season I saw we finished rock bottom of the SWL winning only 3 games and conceding over a hundred goals. I wished I'd stayed in Barnstaple) I may have a different perspective to what constitutes a bad run than someone who has only followed us since Kevin Heaney turned up. I've witnessed a few seasons where our current run of 1 win in 7 and 6 points out of 21 wasn't really all that bad!

At the moment results are rocky it cannot be denied. 1 win in 7 and 15 out of 21 points dropped. Thank God for our start of 5 wins in 6. But I made a point on another post that now we're in with teams that are our equal. The Western League was a farce we were so much stronger and after a pre-Xmas blip in the South & West Division we dominated that league as well. Now we're in with teams, some of whom have budgets closer to or greater than ours, with experienced ex-league players and who are as fit as us.

And Snooper has a valid point about the travelling. Maybe it's not so bad for a Saturday match because the team usually goes up on the Friday and so are fresh for Saturday, but I assume for a midweek game the team go up on the day. I know from going to Wembley how knackering a long coach trip is even though you're sat on your backside the whole way.

What we're experiencing now is more of a 'normal' season. The thing is how will we react to it? Roll our sleeves up and get stuck in or feel sorry for ourselves and end up anonymous in mid table?

With all due respect, Hammers, most City fans who use this board are just sort of tired of the same old, same old from the anti-City/Heaney brigade whether we win or lose, so we've lost interest -- esp when we lose! <_<

But as I'm a true supporter, I'll stand up and be counted: we got proper mugged on the road! No excuses.

Old T's point is well-taken, too; historically this is hardly City's worst run, and we all knew we'd find our level sometime. Our chins are up, any players reading should know that they've still got the full support.

Althought let me point out that it's possible we'll get stuck in and still wind up anonymous in mid-table! :o

Guest Peppermint

Although I think Farnborough will win the league title I am sure Truro City have a good enough squad to gain a play off place. They have too much quality to not end this losing streak soon.

Hammers,

Oh, I didn't mean at all to imply you were knocking TCFC. I've been around the board long enough to know who the regular bitters are, and I was not suggesting your comment was critical. I just meant that because other well-known parties chip in, it's often an exercise in frustration for the City fan.

But you should be an inspiration to us: look how active you are, and you support West Ham! :clapper: :drink: