Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL Easter Ground Hop

Due to the withdrawal of Wendron from the SWPL there has been a reschedule of this seasons'Ground Hop'

Thursday April 1st 7-45pm

Falmouth Town v St,Blazey

Friday April 2nd.

11-00am Mousehole v Porthleven:

3-00pm.. Hayle v Camelford

7-00pm.. Penzance v Torpoint Athletic

Saturday April 4th.

11-00am Perranporth v Dobwalls

2-30pm. Godolphin Athletic v Newquay

6-00pm Foxhole Stars v AFC St.Austell

Taken from the SWPL Forum

The original Falmouth Town v Penzance(Hop) game is now set for Tuesday March 2nd. 7-30pm.

Guest Peppermint

A question for you Mike - what sort of numbers are we talking about with regard to people involved with the Ground Hop.

I am sure our neighbours Godolphin Atlantic will be interested to know because last year there was a good sized crowd at the game and if that is increased by the Ground Hop then it will be good for them.

Graham-Looking at gates from last Easter in East Devon-I think these were 'Hop' games

Royal Marines 421,Exmouth 342,Axminster358,Liverton 383,Galmpton 379,Clyst 251,Buckland 491

The Easter gate for Godolphin v Newquay was 489 so guessing I can see a near 800 attendance.

Last season all the 'Hoppers' were found accomodation at the University of Exeter but this season I understand they will have to look after themselves.

They did indicate a healthy number of enquiries and 400 was suggested so it is looking pretty good.

I would suggest all clubs Home and Away get all their club memorabillia together as these travellers love to buy to record their visits.

Eg.Old programmes,handbooks,scarves and especially lapel badges

Guest Peppermint

Thanks Mike - we had well over 700 at Mount Wise last year on Boxing Day - it will be great for our neighbours if they get near 800 [would be a league record crowd] on Good Friday afternoon.

Good luck to Derek and Tania - one question springs to mind and that is what happens to all those people that come on Bank Holidays but we never see them at other times - both teams served up good games of football and there were plenty of goals on both occasions.