Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town 1 Wadebridge 2 SHOCKING FALMOUTH

Guest john

SHOCKING PERFORMANCE FROM FAMOUTH

FULL CREDIT TO WADEBRIDGE TONIGHT. THEY DID WHAT FALMOUTH DIDNT DO- FIGHT.

FALMOUTH HAD NO LEADERS TONIGHT. NO SEAN FLYNN TONIGHT

FOR ME TOM SMITH IS NOT A LEADER.

FALMOUTH NEED A BIG MIDFIELDER WHO WILL FIGHT- A ANDY STREET AND ADRAIN WILL DO LOL AND THE CURRENT PLAYERS NEED SOME PASSION AND FIGHT DRUMMED IN TO THEM.

DO I SOUND ANGRY? yes because these are the games you have to pick up points!

FALMOUTH SCORER: O HAGAN

WADEBRIDGE : SQUIRES 2 ( 1 Pen)

JASON CHAPMAN TAKEN OFF TO HOSPITAL. SUSPECTED BROKEN NOSE. I WISH HIS RECOVERY WELL.

ATTENDANCE: 70/80

MAN OF MATCH: I WOULD SAY WADEBRIDGE GOALKEEPER. NOT SURE HIS NAME

Wadebridge's young keeper is 17 year old Ben Hurst, and I agree he was superb tonight. This years county youth keeper and a real prospect!

Falmouth huffed and puffed, but for all of their possession it was The Bridgers who had the best chances. Well done to Mike Beckett and the boys, a well earned three points.

Didnt see this result coming!!! :rolleyes:

Wadebridge are a young improving team. Excellent result tonight and the 1st of many I suspect throughout the season if they continue to show the fight and skill they showed last night.

Everyone played well last night. Young Ben in goal was outstanding as were both centre backs, Cookie and Beasley.

Midfield were strong and our attack always capable of scoring more.

Falmouth pushed but lacked something upfront but did look like a team that will do better as the season goes on.

Well done Mike and the boys for entertaining a good away following to a great night.

Would also like to thank the girls in the snack bar and in the clubhouse. Very friendly and a good example on how to look after away supporters. :thumbsup:

Shame the same could not be said for the gate staff. Charging full price after over a half an hour gone? Bad form fellas and certainly does not show your club in a good light. :SM_carton:

Guest Peppermint

As a neutral - I enjoyed the match last night and it was certainly entertaining and The Bridgers seemed to have the more desire to win. Although Falmouth had the better of possession in the second half the visitors always looked dangerous on the break and Josh Insley could have sewn the game up with ten minutes to go but screwed his shot horribly wide with only the sub. keeper to beat.

One talking point in the match was the penalty incident and in my humble opinion the home keeper was lucky to stay on and only received a yellow card - he probably wished he had been sent off because he was injured soon afterwards. Hopefully he is not too seriously injured and will be back playing before too long.

The visitors had several candidates for the man of the match including Hurst, Cook and Cudmore and Glen Squires always looked dangerous and took his chances well against one of his old clubs. I saw Wadebridge Town lose at Camelford in the League Cup on Saturday and last night they looked a totally different outfit - I am sure that if they continue in this form they will soon occupy a mid table position.

My verdict for what it is worth - Falmouth Town on last night's showing do not look like a team that would be challenging for honours - however it is probably unfair to judge a team on one performance.

Guest Peppermint

Apparently he was not available yesterday and County Youth keeper Ben Hurst who is often named as a sub was more than equal to the task last night. His handling and in particular catching of high balls into the box was excellent. One save in the first half was superb and that was, I think, to prevent an own goal.

Its good to see Glen Squires doing well, he has had lots of clubs over the last few seasons and seems to have been messed about quite a bit. Wadebridge have given him an opportunity and he is taking it, proving that he is a decent forward. quite underated id say, worth a place is a top side. any thoughts? :yahoo:

Its good to see Glen Squires doing well, he has had lots of clubs over the last few seasons and seems to have been messed about quite a bit. Wadebridge have given him an opportunity and he is taking it, proving that he is a decent forward. quite underated id say, worth a place is a top side. any thoughts? :yahoo:

I would say he is now in a side that will very soon become a top side. Agree with your sentiments about his worth. Great finish to a great move for the 2nd goal last night. :drink: