Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall will never have a proud club!

to much money at junior clubs,yet again cornish clubs are a laughing stock of the english fa.no team in the first round,after spending more money than some teams in the first round draw.football in cornwall is so funny,crowds are low the level is low but still people talk on this forum like its the best league in the world!

Sorry but I think you may have to explain your post a little more!

1) So how much money is there flying around these "junior clubs"?

2) You mention yet again cornish clubs are a laughing stock of the english fa - when before have they? And I assume you're referring to St Austell and Newquay. Surely the FA will be more than happy to entrust the CCFA in dealing with this one.

3) Were you really expecting a Cornish team in the First Round of the FA Cup?

4) Out football is the best that we can talk about with any authority and passion - what's wrong with that?

Is Cornwall the only county without a team in the first round?

It would also be worth considering the ratio of professional and amateur clubs in each county before any stats could be relevant!

We talk about Cornish football because on the whole we either live in Cornwall, play in Cornwall, or have been involved with Cornish football at some point, and because it is interesting (unlike some people!)

there is no need for bananamans comment.

But he does have a point.

The money being spent by teams such as Truro City surely should justify a spot in the FA Cup first round . However there other successes can justify it i guess.

Players being paid £100 plus to turn up and play infront of 50 people and couple of dogs surely isnt money well spent though.. And things like this will always make Cornish Soccer the laughing stock of the coutry, Surely the money should be spent on developing youth players so we can change this view..

Dave Deacon .. Pipe down and use Bananamans comments productivly instead of biting like a little girl all the time

there is no need for bananamans comment.

But he does have a point.

The money being spent by teams such as Truro City surely should justify a spot in the FA Cup first round . However there other successes can justify it i guess.

Players being paid £100 plus to turn up and play infront of 50 people and couple of dogs surely isnt money well spent though.. And things like this will always make Cornish Soccer the laughing stock of the coutry, Surely the money should be spent on developing youth players so we can change this view..

Dave Deacon .. Pipe down and use Bananamans comments productivly instead of biting like a little girl all the time

He hardly bite did he? Cornish football is hardly the laughing stock of the country like everyone keeps saying! were not very good dont get me wrong but we havnt been for a long time and i would say the standard is now picking up a little with help of truro and the swpl looking very good this year! and even lookinbg as low as fhl2 just show how much junior football is improving!

and banannaman where is all this money in junior football you are talking about?

Hardly biting jimmyliddicoat, I was just interested to hear a little more from Bananaman on how he came up with the original suggestions.

What he wrote may well be right, which is why I would like to hear more from him.

Unfortunately its comments like jimmy's that have turned other more constructive forum members away from bothering on here anymore!

surely this is why the fa are restructuring the game down to grass root level so that standards will gradually improve.if memory serves me right we now have fewer teams entering the fa cup because of the restructuring.

cornwall will always suffer because of geography clubs cannot afford the travel and if they can most players cannot afford the time off work too travel so its "chicken and egg "scenario. we are not blessed with league clubs in our county and as truro are trying to prove it takes a lot of money and commitment to climb the ladder.

as others have stated on other threads once the swpl has been going for a few years then surely the standard of the game in cornwall will get better.

cornish clubs over the years have consistantly beaten teams from higher leagues in both the fa cup and vase so i fail to see how we are a laughing stock in football.

also remember in football you need good fortune to win games as well as good players.yes truro lost to a team from a lower league but hey thats cup games for you.but they were not that far from yesterdays draw.(no i am in no way involved with truro city). :c:

sorry david,i will try to explain my topic better.

When i say junior clubs i mean all the clubs in cornwall.Instead of some cornish clubs speading 1000's of pounds every season on players,maybe they should put the money towards their old ,pre 2nd world war facilities.some clubs still have outdoor urinals which is simply a wall.In the winter it gets very cold and its hard to just go for a quick one when you don't want to miss any of the match.

PLus i have never said anything about the st.austell newq match, i bet thats the first time in years that a cornish football club has been in a national newspaper.I heard the cornish fa website crashed because it had so many hits after that story!