Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth Ladies 5 - 1 Launceston Ladies

0-1 20m

1-1 47m Kim Singh

2-1 55m Katy Barker

3-1 85m Sarah Winn

4-1 89m Naomi Blight

5-1 90m Katy Barker

Falmouth struggled out of the blocks in their encounter with Launceston on Sunday. Having two players out due to County commitments, Falmouth saw Lisa Harris resume her position between the sticks and Helena Calfe take the right wing role. Launceston battled their way through Falmouths midfield and by half time were rewarded with a goal due to a breakdown in Towns defence and a fumble by the Goaly.

The half time team talk shook Falmouth up a bit and saw Sasha Sparkes come on for Becky Hall. Kim Singh equalised with a close range shot two minutes into the second half and with Falmouths hunger and desire it was only going to be a matter of time before they scored again. The second half saw Falmouth pass the ball around much more freely and releasing it early to Katy Barker on the left allowed them to capitalise with shots on target. Katy Barker buried the next goal on 55minutes and Launceston were left a bit bewildered. Falmouth continued their attack and after Sarah Winn score the 3rd, Falmouth upped the pace again and pressed forward, rewarding themselves with two more goals to finish the game with a well deserved win.

Falmouth 5 Launceston 1

Well done you beauties !!

Next home game - Sunday 25th against Bishops Lydeard ( Somerset) - Bristol Soccer World Cup - 2pm

Admission Adults £1 Under 16's FREE !

Yep Pidge on this occasion you are absolutely right !!! I will ammend !!

Mike, The Cup is between South West Counties West and South West Counties East. That Is all I can tell you !! My understanding is that our opposition for Sunday are in pole position in their league too. You may want to visit South West Womens Football League for a more detailed explanation. Interesting stats on there too - 3 Falmouth Girls in the top ten goal scorers ! Katy Barker on top with 14 goals, Keri Ann Moxom with 8 and Sasha Sparkes with 5. Early days I know !!!

Thanks for your words of encouragement too !! The girls are playing so well and Im sure anyone who has seen them play would say the same !! You ought to pop down one Sunday afternoon and see for yourself. Everyone involved with the Ladies team Neil, Dave, Martin etc. are crucial to the cause so it is a team effort :drink: