Cornwall Football Forum

Who Do You Reckon Is Going To Win Division 1 West

In fairness Newquay don't play that great football but it is very very good nonetheless. It's very effective and is good to watch, but all I've ever seen them do is get the ball with their centre midfield and whack it wide to 2 cheating wingers.

Don't get me wrong his passing is quality and if I could pass that well, I'd do the same, but it's not really the most attractive.

I hope truro 2nds win the league because there get the ball down and play football, best footballing side in the league!

I don't think you'd be saying that if you watched them weds night. apart from the first 5 and the last 10 mins Hayle played them off the park. although the score was 2-1 it could have easily been 6 or 7. Hayle will be up there at the end of the season if they continue to improve the way are.

Or have AFC St.Austell any plans in place for ground upgrading?

I know that the committee have been working extremely hard to secure funding for the refurbishment of Poltair Park and have been in talks with Cornwall Council for quite some time. I'm hoping their efforts will come to fruition soon and Austell can take their place in the Premier Division within the next two seasons! What are the league's rules on promotion - would having planning permission in place be enough to be accepted?

They'll definitely be there or thereabouts at the end of the season, but I've got a feeling that Perranporth might just clinch it.

As long as it's not Perranporth I don't really care.

Would much rather a team that deserved it won.

WHATS WRONG WITH PERRAN MATE DID YOU NOT GET I LOT OF LOVE AS A CHILD OR ARE YOU STILL ON THE BITTY :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

The rather contridictory posting by Jasa mentions the 'cheating Newquay wingers' - what the hell does that mean! He does seem to have a chip on his shoulder about Newquay.

As long as it's not Perranporth I don't really care.

Would much rather a team that deserved it won.

WHATS WRONG WITH PERRAN MATE DID YOU NOT GET I LOT OF LOVE AS A CHILD OR ARE YOU STILL ON THE BITTY :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have absolutely no idea what your reply means? What has my childhood got to do with the way I feel about Perranporth? What a very strange thing to say :wacko:

I just think and this is just my opinion, that a team that has players playing for them for the right reasons and not because how much the club pay them would deserve to win the league more.

If the money disappeared so would most of the players.

ive seen hayle play a few times this season they dont look a million miles away, always going to get goals with wolfie in the side, i heard he has 10 in 11 games now! must be getting good service!