Cornwall Football Forum

F A Vase 2nd,Round Draw

Guest Peppermint

Does not seem to be any easy games for the Cornwall teams plus Tavistock - but you would not expect that at this stage.

Good luck to all the Peninsula League teams in the next round.

Thank for the info, Mike. My club Mangotsfield are (or should be) away on that date and as I don't do many away games these days, I will probably find myself down at BMF watching Bodmin or Saltash, all being well, and will report back on it afterwards.

Personally, I had hoped we Mangos would have played Saltash last week in the FA Cup, but of course, they lost 6-5 to Gillingham Town in the previous replay and so we faced the Dorset side instead. Not a pleasant experience either.........

Hi Dave,

Just realised you are my good friend from long ago.

So you wont be at Treyew Road on Saturday it will be tough for MU this time but The F A Cup is all about 'underdogs'

I will be listening with interest but will be at Bickland on Saturday where we only 'whisper' the name of Mangotsfield United since our last cup meeting(All I can say is 'Feed the Seal')

Hope you and your brother are keepng well.

Tavistock v Brockenhurst

Plymouth Parkway v Bitton

Bristol Manor Farm v Bodmin/Saltash

To be played Saturday 14th.November

Very favourable draw for the SW Peninsula clubs (Step6)

Although all their opponents play a league higher(Step5) their opening season form is not frightening.

Western League Premier -BITTON FC.-Pos.6th P10-W5-D2-L3 GF16-GA16

Western League Premier-BRISTOL MANOR FARM Pos.15th. P6-W2-D2-L2. GF8 GA8

Wessex League Premier- BROCKENHURST Pos.12th. P10-W3-D2-L5 GD(-5)

With two Home ties I predict the SWPL will have three clubs into the next round

Hi Mike, glad you remember me. Hope you are OK yourself these days. Bob & I are fine. It's not been easy being a Mango fan this past couple of years (relegation finally coming last season), and although we haven't started brilliantly this season, it's early days yet. Doesn't help us, all these blessed cup matches, with trying to prepare programmes either, especially when we have an away draw and you then have to get prepared for a possible replay! Maybe next Tuesday as well perhaps???!!!

I know what you mean about your last visit to MUFC all those years ago - how we'd give anything these days for the sort of strikers we had in those days - but Bob & I well remember our visit to Bickland Park on that October night a couple of years ago when you won 8-2. Was it Tavistock or Holsworthy? The memory cell has gone blank, but that was probably the best game I saw all season!

No, it's a long way to Treyew Road on Saturday, but some fans will be there, some by coach, some by train. Domestic commitments prevail on Saturdays for me up to lunchtime most weeks, but I will be watching Odd Down v Keynsham Town in the afternoon. There are so many Toolstation clubs up Bristol way, we're spoilt for choice.

Bob is down in Cornwall next month, not sure what his plans are footie-wise, but I'll be at Brixham where I hope to see Dartmouth v Torpoint. It'll mean going by ferry as well, I think. Hope it allows me to make the return journey late at night!

Anyway, I agree with your Vase predictions. BMF are a bit hit and miss this season & can be beaten on their own patch. Tavistock, by all accounts, did very well at Clevedon Utd this weekend & Bitton, full of ex-Mangos and Toolstation champions last season, haven't really got going yet this season. Best of luck then to the Peninsula sides, not that I have anything against our local Toolstation mates.

As you've read elsewhere, I felt sorry for Porthleven on Saturday. Yes, they were heavily beaten, but they played in the proper spirit all through the game and as far as I was concerned, their players were a credit to the club.

I see elsewhere that one chap says that most of Cornwall is behind us Mangos this weekend at Truro. Surely not???!!!

Anyway, must press on with pages for that replay programme next Tuesday........