Cornwall Football Forum

FA Cup 3rd qualifying round draw

Guest Postie Pidge

We certainly hope so! As has been pointed out on Tiger Talk, City need to keep in mind that either of those sides have done well to reach this far, so we underestimate them at our peril. We don't want another 1-1 with a replay at their place!

We're wishing Blazey well in the Throgmorton Cup, so maybe you'll come to Treyew to catch the action . . .

UP THE CITY

Yes, Young Percy, Mango fan here in peace, only registered yesterday - not because of our impending visit to Truro, but because I watched Porthleven on the weekend! See my postings elsewhere about that.

We'll have some supporters with you on Saturday, not me though unfortunately, but yes, we will be the underdogs absolutely. As one of the programme editors at Mangotsfield, we're already working on the possible replay programme anyway (!), but if it doesn't happen, then so be it. We now have a Trophy replay v Slough tomorrow night, having drawn there on Sunday, so it will be a busy week for the club, but everyone coming down is looking forward to the trip. It's the cup and anything can happen.

Same applied in the last round v Gillingham Town. I managed to see both games, but they were not a side I'd want to play too often. They ended up with 9 men on the pitch at Cossham Street in the replay and if there had been a stronger ref in the first game, some of them would have walked then as well! In the end, we powered past them, but it was a test of steel and resolve and not to be intimidated.

Now if there was a replay this weekend, how many Truro fans would make the trip up next Tuesday, in your opinion - just so we can gauge likely programe numbers - just in case, you never know! Truro Ted will be there, of course, but he only lives local to Bristol anyway. But how many others, if the draw did happen?

All in all, though, let's hope for a good game on Saturday and may the best team win!