Cornwall Football Forum

perranporth prices

I am appauled to read on another thread that Perranporth have been charging £2/£3 for junior supporters

of Cornish football to watch their matches. If this is true it is a downright disgrace.

Perranporth should cut their rediculous player budget and spend the money on developing their poor playing surface and inadequate changing facilities. I have heared that some away teams have been doing their teamtalks on the pitch and even on the car park.

Patheticporth, get your priorities right because what you are doing is very short sighted and shallow and is

allienating young peolpe from watching Cornish football.

:SM_carton:

I am appauled to read on another thread that Perranporth have been charging £2/£3 for junior supporters

of Cornish football to watch their matches. If this is true it is a downright disgrace.

Perranporth should cut their rediculous player budget and spend the money on developing their poor playing surface and inadequate changing facilities. I have heared that some away teams have been doing their teamtalks on the pitch and even on the car park.

Patheticporth, get your priorities right because what you are doing is very short sighted and shallow and is

I went to watch Perranporth v Newquay the other week and it was £3 per person i said to the attendant my son was only 14 and she said the price was the same for everybody.

I will think twice before going again.

He has a season ticket at Truro for £50 , that means he can watch 21 first team games and 16 reserve team games,just over £1.35 a game.Cup games are extra but it was only £2 for the last round of the F A cup.

Im not too sure on this one as my lad is under 10 but I am certain he was only charged £1 at Perranporth. At Truro reserves it was £2 which is the highest I have paid.

So Im surmising that this is either about kids older than 9 years or the original poster is referring to the Truro v Perranporth game the other night which I believe was at Truro.

Im not too sure on this one as my lad is under 10 but I am certain he was only charged £1 at Perranporth. At Truro reserves it was £2 which is the highest I have paid.

So Im surmising that this is either about kids older than 9 years or the original poster is referring to the Truro v Perranporth game the other night which I believe was at Truro.

on the other thread someone posted they were charged £2 at truro to which i replied about the cost at perran.I agree that its too much for a Swpl fixture and even at Truro it should only be £1 for kids.

I can understand where pepople are coming from regarding Junior prices, but most leagues in the Pyramid are instructed that they have to charge a minimum price, but no maximum is included in that. This was bought up at the recent pre season meeting of the East Midlands Counties League, where newcomers Gresley FC are charging £6 enterance whilst the other clubs only charge £4. The clubs were told they couldnt stop Gresley charging what they liked, so most clubs now charge £6 when Gresley are the visitors but the home match before give their supporters a £2 off admission price coupon.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Kids should be free at all Step 6 & 7 (and below) grounds as a way of encouringing them into real football rather than sat in front of SKY with a £40 replica shirt on of a club they are unlikely to ever watch live.

So you heard something about junior football but post it in the 'senior' section, why did you do that??? Hoping more people read it?? I think you might find at junior games they do a card or something to raise a few quid to pay the ref and things which no matter what league you play in it costs.

I know a few clubs that pay their players more then Perranporth, but i'm not going to go into that, its none of my business or anyone elses.

Playing surface has improved loads over the last couple of years, when was the last time you played on it??

The away changing room is small but if i'm right they are going to be making it a lot bigger but as with all things it takes time. it doesn't just happen over night.

I can't see how you can say what perranporth charge is short sighted and shallow and allienating young people from watching cornish football. Seems to me like you just wanted to start a negative post about a team thats doing well.

So you heard something about junior football but post it in the 'senior' section, why did you do that??? Hoping more people read it?? I think you might find at junior games they do a card or something to raise a few quid to pay the ref and things which no matter what league you play in it costs.

I know a few clubs that pay their players more then Perranporth, but i'm not going to go into that, its none of my business or anyone elses.

Playing surface has improved loads over the last couple of years, when was the last time you played on it??

The away changing room is small but if i'm right they are going to be making it a lot bigger but as with all things it takes time. it doesn't just happen over night.

I can't see how you can say what perranporth charge is short sighted and shallow and allienating young people from watching cornish football. Seems to me like you just wanted to start a negative post about a team thats doing well.

At what point did anyone mention junior football,Perranporth are i the swpl which i would have thought is senior football,and will be playing in the senior cup.We are talking about junior spectators paying too much.

and why have you brought up paying players no one mentioned it or that this topic had any reference to it?

At what point did anyone mention junior football,Perranporth are i the swpl which i would have thought is senior football,and will be playing in the senior cup.We are talking about junior spectators paying too much.

and why have you brought up paying players no one mentioned it or that this topic had any reference to it?

Sorry did mis-read the bit about junior football :rolleyes: Too many wkd's :drink:

'Perranporth should cut their rediculous player budget' is that not mentioning players being paid? or have i mis-read that too :P

Cornish Chough, I don't know who you are and i don't really care, but seems to me you don't know too much about me just think you do. Perranporth is NOT my club therefore he is NOT my chairman. His not more greedy then a lot of other men involved in football, how many players move clubs for money?? and he isn't the one who goes around collecting the gate money. The woman who does collect it doesn't know who should/shouldn't pay or who only pays £1 because they once played football, or who gets a discount because their a friend of a player and so on. I agree kids (under 16's) should get in cheaper or free but as i'm nothing to do with the club i don't get a say in it. And if you really want to know why i defend the lady who does collect the money a lot of the time its because shes my mother. Have a nice evening Cornish Clough :smiley20:

Witheridge dont charge anyone under the age of sixteen to watch our home games

I personally dont think its right to charge kids to watch local football when their parents are paying full price and putting plenty of money behind the bars of the clubs visited.

Having been to all away grounds with Withy this season so far have found we are the only ones that dont try to charge kids with most asking for a pound or two to which i reply we have just brought a minibus full of people here and all the adults have paid full price including bought a programme and a fifty fifty ticket and we are about to spend around £100 in your clubhouse on beer im sure you can let our kids watch the game for nothing and to be honest most of them then relent and allow the kids in for free.

It's no good grumbling at Anita's mum if you visit Perranporth, it is a club committee that has set the cost for kids to go in. You have to remember a lot of these folks that do the pitch, do the gate, do the teas etc ll do it for the same wages..Nothing! so well done to all of them, without the volenteers at these clubs, clubs struggle off the pitch and you dont always get the same welcome. I agree that kids should get in free, as you usually that when in,kids spend their pocket money on sweets, pop, crisps etc..remember the kids are the future supporters and maybe players of the clubs.

I'll admit in the Central Midlnds League, it is hit and miss if clubs charge kids entry, at some clubs they havent enough volenteers they dont have anyone to charge a gate, so charge £2 for the programme and admission free.