Cornwall Football Forum

Penryn V St Austell Latest

No excuse but we were missing most of our team last night, i went to watch & expected more from the players who did play we were very poor! St Austell were a physical side & the side we had out couldn't match them, there number 6 should of been sent off for kicking a ball at adam pryor after the half time whistle had blown!

Stu Massey will be missed but we will come good, when we have everyone back!!

having had time to reflect on this result i think it right that as a player at Penryn who played in this game i should comment...

We were beaten by a side who in my opinion, have the strongest team in the league and altho we have only played 7 games so far, i'd be surprised if there is a team in the league who have as good a back four (5 if you include the keeper) as St Austell have.....The midfield with Brokenshire and Dougles superb on the night, with Body and Phillips are a real handful for any defender in this league...not to forget Whetter and Wheildon unavailable....

in terms of our own performances, we have to stick together and work even harder to turn our season around..

having had time to reflect on this result i think it right that as a player at Penryn who played in this game i should comment...

We were beaten by a side who in my opinion, have the strongest team in the league and altho we have only played 7 games so far, i'd be surprised if there is a team in the league who have as good a back four (5 if you include the keeper) as St Austell have.....The midfield with Brokenshire and Dougles superb on the night, with Body and Phillips are a real handful for any defender in this league...not to forget Whetter and Wheildon unavailable....

in terms of our own performances, we have to stick together and work even harder to turn our season around..

Well said ! a true gent both on and off the pitch! :c:

As a St Austell supporter, I don't think it's fair to criticize Steve Raven for his performance. St Austell had a 5 minute spell in the first half scoring 3 goals, which effectively ended the game. The Lillywhites worked well as a unit, the defence was superb and we looked strong in midfield and up front. Pete Davey's comment was fair and I think that the Penryn boys will come back stronger as the season progresses. Penryn aren't a bad side, St Austell were the best team on the day.