Cornwall Football Forum

Polperro v Edgcumbe

Guest big man

Result 2 all.

Poor game, neither team turned up and neither really deserved to win. Polperro had the better chances and tried to play the better football but struggled to keep the ball and pass well. Edgecumbe could have won when a contreversial goal decision was given as a goal kick. A very poor performance from Polperro's point of view but when speaking to some of the opposition players they said they were also terrible today, so a draw probably a fair result.

polperro are a good side. we were understrengthed. overall a draw was fair enough but the goal was in by a yard. it should have been 3-2. the ref had a shocker and his 14 year old son who ran the line for polperro. after we scored the GOAL polperro set themselves up for ko!!!

i cant beleive the gk said it didnt go in cos he knows it did.

we prob would have took a point b4 cos of our players missing

like they say .............its a funny old game

good luck to polperro for the season who are still unbeaten but they and us know where the points should have gone.

Guest big man

if the ball whent in i have no problem with that but when i looked around it was by the side of the goal so i played on.i think your keeper would of done the same. i think a draw is a fair reasult.

i asked him in the pub and you are right he would have done the same.

if thats what you saw then thats fine. i was behind it and it was a goal.

its done now and i agree after some of your chances a draw was fair.

we feel hard done by but none of us hold it against u lads.

most of our team left sharply but it was to watch utd arsenal.

we both probably didnt play our best but we are happy with our start in senior football

see you at our place

Guest big man

mate at the end of the day if it was a goal then sorry but i wouldnt cheat to me it went wide but i didnt see it when it went passed.so yet again sorry.so what did u think of the 2 red cards? :SM_carton:

i thought the first one was a yellow. it was just late.

2nd one was 50 50 i thought but i suppose was dangerous so fair one.

i was glad to hear the final whistle with 9 men lol

u boys have had a great start

we thought we were in for a thumping when we heard u done st dom 7-2!

did u have players missing today?

Guest big man

no mate 5 games in 2 weeks has taken its toll and some of the lads went on the piss last night but hay your lot seem to have the making of a good side well done

thought both red cards were extremely harsh, and its a shame 2 lads are gonna miss a month of football and have to pay a tasty fine because the referee decided he wanted to be centre of attention. Our strikers tackle was just that, a strikers tackle, but there was no power in the tackle it was pretty much a trip. Bret Wilkes tackle was a 50-50 and he was slightly late, a decent ref would have seen it was an innocent attempt to get the ball with 2 mins to go and booked him, i dont think anyone saw a red coming. In the end it shows the difference of referees in this league, the ref we had last week dealt with the game brilliantly, which even saw a broken leg after a poor tackle. After taking everything into account he booked the player which i do think was thr right decision when i guess nobody would have been suprised to see a red. The ref yesterday was harping on about this respect campaign to both teams from the moment he rolled up. In just truth he ruined the game.

As for the game itself, with 5 players out i think Edgcumbe would have taken the draw before the game, Polperro chances tended to come from Edgcumbe mistakes. But nobody really deserved to win the game i suppose. 2 good teams though both of which will be there of there abouts come the end of the season.

I dont even want to talk about the goal that never was.