Cornwall Football Forum

Chacewater V Carharrack Res

I would like to thank chacewater for hosting our last friendly and for the trophy they gave us!

The game was played on a very muddy pitch and both teams took a while to settle with high balls and scrappy in the middle. With a very actionless first half to be honest with not many chances goin to either team chacewater did squander a 2/3 oppurtunities to take the lead. Carharracks closet effort came from S.Jenkins with a free-kick hitting the bar. But it was Carharrack who took the lead late on in the first half with Monty takin the game to chacewater and cutting back and firing a low shot to the far post. 1-0 carharrack.

half-time.

the 2nd half was far from boring.. chacewater were very quick out the blocks and were level almost straight away. the away goalkeeper bringing down the chacewater foward and the ref had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Sean Dabb coverted the penalty firing the ball past the keeper, sending the home fans off like west ham fans! 1-1

The game was then marred by a few bad tackles and the game was boiling over then a moment of madness from a chacewater youngster flyin in knee height on the carharrack cpt but lucky he moved only to then throw a punch at the carharrack centre back due to he wasnt happy with a decision made by the ref. ( the player was removed from the game). carharrack players and manager gathered themselves into a team huddle and had a quiet talk and got themselves up for the game once again with a cool head.

Game on now! chacewater pilled on the pressure but this caused there own downfall with carharrack hitting them on the counter attack and dyer rounded the goalkeeper and beat 3 defenders on the line to silence the home fans and send carharrack into a 2-1 lead.

Carharrack yet agen caught chacewater on the break and a long header from dawes found dyer who coolly flicked the ball to monty who yet agen slide the ball past the keeper to make it carharrack 3-1 chacewater.

chacewater then responded the best way possible and attack with menace and found themselves back in the game after a cool finish from there winger i believe to make it 3-2. with 20 minutes remaining. The game was ended to end and carharrack held on and claimed a well deserved 3-2 victory over higher league opposition for the 2nd week running.

Final Score CHACEWATER 2 - 3 CARHARRACK RES.

Attendance 50-60 people.

All the best to chacewater for the season and we love are trophy but we left it at your place sorry.

Guest United 7

Good Match played by Chacewater & Carharrack. Just would like to say though that it was poor that the Manager ended up running the line seeing as there were reserve players surely one of them could have ran the line for Carharrack.

Also thought when the Chacewater lad got sent off it was rather odd why the Carharrack Manager pulled all his team together instead of just carrying on with the match - i have never seen this done before in football!!!!

Good Luck to Chacewate for the rest of the season up the Green Army!!!

Sounds to me like a typical local derby and it is nice to see nothing has changed over the years :D

Jamie C, the 2nd half was far from boring.. chacewater were very quick out the blocks and were level almost straight away. the away goalkeeper bringing down the chacewater foward and the ref had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. Sean Dabb coverted the penalty firing the ball past the keeper, sending the home fans off like west ham fans! 1-1

That is a bit harsh fella, Chacewaters fans are nothing like West Hams so called fans

No idea who the lad was that got sent off sorry! I run the line cause i wanted to and i had my assistant there to help with working the team so why not run the line it aint a problem to run the line thats what qualifications are for. As for grouping the lads together instead of letting them got on with it. this was due to tackles were flyin in and i just wanted 2 make sure the lads stayed calmed and never got influenced by the bad tackles being made by chacewater. After all everyone got work 2moz and nobody wants a broken leg in a friendly when are league starts. and we also wanted protection from the ref before we resumed the game.

but all the was changed and the game continued so it looks like my tatic to group the lads 2geva worked well cause we won.

but thanks for the game and good luck.