Cornwall Football Forum

Tavi v St Blazey

Can anyone comfirm when this match will take place? In this weeks guardian, its down as next wednesday. The only reason im asking is because Tavi normally play their mid week matches on a tuesday night.

Dartmouth tomorrow, setting off at 11am. Hopefully some nice weather and a good result. Come on the Blazey. :drink:

Alright boy. Wednesday will be ok with me. Might even give me a chance of going Gillingham v Argyle on tuesday!!! lol. Are you watching any football tomorrow?

Oh....are you intrested in saving yourself some travelling next saturday? Were planning on camping about 6 miles from Sherbourne on the friday night. Let me no if your intrested.

:thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing the new facilities. Having seen the photes on the Tavi website, the actual building looks really good. A real shame though that two rent a stands have been plonked in front of it. Dosnt do it justice. I thought they were going to build a quality stand into the building. Cant see that would have been much more than the kit stands. Never mind, its still a quality addition. Roll on tomorrow night.

Well, that was a wake up call. The score line might look close but in truth, 5-1 wouldnt have been far wrong!! Tavi will be up there im sure. They have some good players and plenty of height. Tavi's central defenders had a stroll tonight as St Blazey continued to play balls up to our strikers with no height at all. We basically played into their hands. Tonight we missed Danny Bance (suspended). He was the player we need to protect the back four and break play up. No more so than the first goal. Their player picked up the ball and ran at the defence and it wasnt until he reached the edge of the area until a challenge was put in. From the free kick.....goal. Tavi missed a pen to make it 2-0. Early poor defending led to a scrappy second. Blazey pulled one back with a penalty with 5 mins to go. St Blazey best player must have been Chris Reski.

A bad night for St Blazey. On the plus side, Tavi's ground is looking good. The crowd must have been 150 to 200. About 30 from St Blazey.

Roll on saturdays trip to Sherbourne. Can we up our performance for this one???

Nute didn't play and Blackler was in goal.

Fantastic facilities now at Tavi however tea not as good as Blazey's.

St Blazey didn't seem to perform but fair play to Tavi who bounced back after weekend with solid performance. Thought Hobbsy was constant thorn in Blazey side strong, quick, great first touch and good in the air. He will cause problems for lot of defences this season. Shame he not wearing Green and Black this year. Well played Tavi :clapper:

Beckam, I thought Tavi made St Blazey look average last night. They couldnt cope with their bigger stronger players. St Blazey played right into their hands at times.

As you say, nice to see the Tavi set up. When its all done and dusted its going to look good. The new stands dont look right against the new building. Thats going to be some impressive changing rooms. Thats looking really good.

Any idea what the crowd was official crowd was last night?