Cornwall Football Forum

Lanreath v Foxhole

Guest LANREATH BOSS

One of the strangest games ever!!!

Really good contest.....everyone fully committed and out to prove something.

Personally thought it was played in the right spirit and only one maybe two at best decisions by the ref contested - then at half time me & Billy (Foxhole manager) are called over by the ref and he says "tell me and convince me why I should come out for the 2nd half and let the game continue"??

As I say......strange!!!

Anyway, think it's fair to say we absolutely dominated and played them off the park 1st half but still found ourselves coming in 1-0 down.

If it was 2 or 3-1 to us I don't think Billy and his Foxhole boys would have had any complaints.

Made 5 changes at half time to give everyone a good run out and to be honest the change of system didn't do us any favours.....but it's all a learning curve still.

Foxhole rant out 3-0 winners but if I'm totally honest I still now don't know how we didn't get something out of this game.

Great performance - c**p result !!! Suppose that's what pre-season is all about.

Best of luck to Foxhole for the season and I saw enough there on Saturday, especially the first half, to suggest we are going to do alright this season. :thumbsup:

i think darin will be able to comfirm if these were the scorers...

First one was that guy who used to play for sticker, cant remember his name.

Second was a lovely finish from Hads! OG

And i think griffin scored the 3rd from a fair distance!

Lanreath 0 Foxhole 3

Saturday 8th August 2009

Foxhole's unbeaten pre-season continued with a comfortable victory at Rally Park. After surviving early scares, particularly when Lawrence missed a sitter from two yards from a cross by Powell who was given the freedom of the left wing throughout the first half, the Foxes soon settled. Parsons thwarted Pinhammer with a fine save, and Nicholls failed to connect to Grose's outswinging corner before, on 24, Pinhammer's clever feet set up Ansell, who finished with aplomb. Rowe headed wide Adam Holland's free kick, but the game was essentially low-key, so the referee's appeals for calm at half time was puzzling.

Wholesale changes from the home team after the break was not conducive to transforming the match into a thriller, Billy Holland only being seriously tested once when denying Powell, whose influence was restricted once Pinhammer reverted to wing-back. Rowe headed over Kenny's corner and Truscott slashed wildly from close range following a clever turn from Griffin before a great tackle from Blake prevented Truscott a certain goal until, with twenty minutes left, Nicholls' cross from the right was spectacularly volleyed past his own keeper by the unfortunate Haddock. Lanreath briefly threatened a consolation but Griffin's fantastic 30-yard volley on 78 sealed the win.

Foxhole (3-5-2): Billy Holland; Adam Holland, Dexter Lawrence, Tony McKellar; Chris Grose, Richard Griffin, Mark Rowe, Scott Ansell, Lee Hazeldine; Ross Pinhammer, Liam Nicholls.

Subs: Chris Truscott, Sam Kenny.

Lanreath (4-4-2): Dan Parsons; James Robertson, Simon Libby, Paul Haddock, Nick Blake; Dan Lawrence, Bradley Powell, Andy Collins, Lee White; Jon Collins, Colin Wilson.

Subs: Dean Boyle, Craig Walton, Ray Clarke, Leighton Mitchell, Jim Moynan.

Referee: Mr Peter Sowden (Plymouth).