Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL Friendly Results 1st august 2009

Guest IT WASN'T ME REF

Torpoint 1st Team (SWPL) 0 Torpoint 2nd Team (ECPL) 1

The way the teams were playing looked as if it was half way into the season, good passing and ball control.

Great goal scored by the second team by one of the new younger members. I think he was called Foster.

Two very good saves by Dixon in the 2nds goal. Altogether a pleasure to watch a good match in FINE weather as well, yes the SUN was out.

Guest cornishgreen

illogan 2 st blazey 2

a very entertaining game fought between two very strong outfits. an even first half with both sides creating chances. ten minutes after the re-start st blazey took the lead through adie rundle, after good work from paul cocks and danny smith, but immediately illogan equalised from the restart as centre backs kev digby and dean webb failed to deal with the late run of the tall number twelve who was a constant pain when moving up top!!( anybody know who he was.....very tidy player). Blazey then scored their second of the game from a corner, Matt May arriving late at the back post to tap home! it was again the tall number twelve who caused damage, to smash home the illogan equaliser from just inside of the box. Joel Cockins scored a late goal that was disallowed for st blazey, after a an inch perfect throughball by either steele or cole in the middle of the park. overall a fair result in the end. blazey had an outfield player in goal and were missing one or two others, but hopefully this team can go on to challenge this season, dont think we will play a side as strong as this all season, as it was evident that illogan finished third last season, a very tidy outfit. overall a fair result, and we at st blazey wish illogan all the best for the rest of the season!!

Buckfastleigh Rangers (??) 2- 4 St Day (Combo)

Buckfastleigh Rangers were South Devon League Division 3 Champions 2008-09 and will compete in Div.2 this season.

The S.D.Premier division like the JCCL are feeder leagues to the SWPL Div.1 so in effect Buckfastleigh are two leagues below St.Day.

Guest Alex Haste

St Stephens Borough 4-1 Wadebridge Town Res

Boro goals: Walton Gould (2), Fredrick, A Wright.

I couldnt let this Go.Alex Haste was on the Score sheet in the place of Fredrick who didnt Score

I mean come on, get it right Ha

Im not scoring and let another get credit for it hahaha

Am I going daft, Alex Haste wore no11 he cut inside and scored the Boroughs 4th goal not Wright. That was the name given to me and my photographs tell me he scored!!!!!!!!!! So what is going on.

Apologies for the incorrect scorers given earlier! Here is a match report with the correct scorers!!

St Stephens Borough 4 Wadebridge Res 1

Borough got off to a fine start when after 10 minutes a mistake in the Wadebridge defence let Lewis Fedrick in on goal who calmly slotted past the advancing keeper.

Although Wadebridge were dangerous on the break Borough continued to stay on top for most of the half creating numerous good situatuons but were unable to increase their lead with both Jamie Walton-Gould and Dave Wright seeing shots going narrowly wide.

However 10 minutes before the break Borough then gifted Wadebridge a goal back when a misplaced pass in defence was intercepted by an opposing striker who finished clinically past Sam Borthwick who was making his Borough debut in goal.

Borough went into half time feeling slightly aggrieved not to be at least a couple of goals to the good.

Borough made several changes at half time to give the full squad a run out but it did not affect the flow of Borough's play.

The home side's second goal soon followed with Stuart Fort, who is having a great pre-season, sending in a cross which put Wadebridge under all sorts of pressure and this led to a defender turning the ball into his own net.

Borough then turned on the style and Jamie Walton-Gould scored the goal of the game with a great strike from fully 30 yards. He was playing using a pair of Luke Hurlock's old boots at the time as his had split. Apparently Luke is now considering wearing them himself for the next game!

Alex Haste, who had switched from right midfield to left, completed the scoring when he latched onto a through ball, side stepped a defender and cooly places the ball into the corner of the net.

A thoroughly deserved win against a team in the next division up bodes well for the season as the race for a place in the starting XI continues.