Cornwall Football Forum

St Austell 1-3 St Blazey

At work in Surrey, but just been on the phone to Paul who said this was a comprehensive and much deserved win for the Blazey. St Austell did well to hold out at 0-0 'til half time, but St Blazey's quality shone through in the second half.

Estimated crowd of 400.

That completes a successful pre-season schedule for St Blazey who commence their season next Saturday away to Dartmouth.

Good game of football between St Blazey and the local rivals. Good to see they are improving the ground with new rails around the pitch. Looking very good. It would certainly be good to see the two sides fighting over 3 points again. Good crowd today. Hard to tell how many but several hundred for sure.

Roll on Dartmouth now. :drink:

Sounds like i missed a good game! Obviously things wouldve been alot different if i was there... :P

Nice to read someone complementing St.Austells ground for a change, so thanks for that paul. It's nice that all the efforts from all at St.Austell are finally getting recognized and we are looking forward to yet another sucessful season! Best of luck to St.Blazey for the fast approaching season! :yahoo:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Sorry Blazey boys, but having seen the Darts today, if you get a draw, then count it as one point gained not two dropped.

Enjoy the trip, better if you stay overnight (as we will in 2010/11), nice bunch of lads but no fans came to us so don't know what reception you will get, have fun anyway lads.

Sorry Blazey boys, but having seen the Darts today, if you get a draw, then count it as one point gained not two dropped.

Enjoy the trip, better if you stay overnight (as we will in 2010/11), nice bunch of lads but no fans came to us so don't know what reception you will get, have fun anyway lads.

:rolleyes: oh the mighty newquay . lets all bow down to them. arnt they so magnifecent. you will always be respected at Hayle. lol :rolleyes:

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

:rolleyes: oh the mighty newquay . lets all bow down to them. arnt they so magnifecent. you will always be respected at Hayle. lol :rolleyes:

WHAT A GREAT DAY AT POLTAIR PARK, PITCH LOOKING GOOD, GOOD CROWD, GOOD BANTER FROM SOME OF THE DIE HARDS WHICH IS TO BE EXPECTED AT A LOCAL DERBY.ALSO SOME GREAT FOOTBALL FROM BOTH SIDES.I THINK BOTH TEAM WILL DO WELL IN THERE RESPECTED LEAGUES. ONLY DOWN SIDE IS SEEING MR ROWETT REFUSE TO SHAKE THE HAND OF LAFF AT THE END. HE EMBARRASSED HIMSELF AND SOME OF THE PLAYERS WHO WERE STANDING AROUND. GLYN I THINK YOU ARE BIGGER THEN THAT , GET OVER IT. AT THE END OF THE DAY WHAT HAS LAFFS DONE TO YOU APART FROM GIVING YOU A TEAM. ALL IN ALL ONE WINNER ON THE DAY HELP FOR HEROES CHARITY. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS.

St Blazey line up

D Stevenson

A Dilley

L Rundle

B Nute

R Brimming

J Isbell

J Higman

D Trott

D Nancarrow

C Reski

D Zalick

Subs used Maddison,Nevin,Kershaw,Bance D & Hoyles

Good competitve game-lasting memories for me will be Penhaligons double save from Zalick & Trott at the end of the first half & and Aaron Dilley;s goal-boy did that swerve in the air! :yahoo:

Dartmouth next Saturday and then the way our fixtures have gone it could be November before we play at home!!!

The frequent statement that the first five or six Cup and League games will be crucial especially applies as we must achieve consistency. A good half dozen players from last season supported by the same for new players this season is looking promising for this season ahead. Last season we conceded too many "silly goals" at crucial times in the game (like in the last 15 minutes). As well as Danny Z finding his scoring boots from through balls and penalties, we were helped when Trotty got on to the score sheets with his spectacular goals scored from free kicks and from just outside the box. If other players can also contribute to scoring goals we can then have the variety of surprising other teams.

Good start, let's move forward.

Well Judge, we will see. we probably shouldnt expect much as they have beaten us well at there place in the past two seasons. Looking forward to it though. Not sure what time to leave though as we will be taking the Plymouth road. Anyone no what the traffic has been like in recent weeks on that road on a saturday?

Just to add, ive been playing football with Hansome Dan today in a charity match at Hayle. Pitch looking really good. Shame about the carp who played on it!! :rolleyes: Truly shocking and lost 9-3!! Still, it was for charity. Hence thats why i watch and not play!! :thumbsup:

Well Judge, we will see. we probably shouldnt expect much as they have beaten us well at there place in the past two seasons. Looking forward to it though. Not sure what time to leave though as we will be taking the Plymouth road. Anyone no what the traffic has been like in recent weeks on that road on a saturday?

Just to add, ive been playing football with Hansome Dan today in a charity match at Hayle. Pitch looking really good. Shame about the carp who played on it!! :rolleyes: Truly shocking and lost 9-3!! Still, it was for charity. Hence thats why i watch and not play!! :thumbsup:

I'd be leaving by 11 myself to be abolsutely sure. If you're early, you can always spend a couple of hours by the seaside.

While St Blazey are kicking off their SWPL season, I'll be dragging bored French kids around London. I love my job, but that's a depressing thought.

Speak to you Saturday.