Cornwall Football Forum

Local reports

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

Guest Grandson of Jimbo

Both SWPL West sides in Newquay played this Weekend and no write ups on here ? Did no one go and watch the games then ? <_<

well Grandson of Jimbo, certain Newquay supporters always seem to accuse Truro City fans of only singing when your winning, even during pre season frienlies, so maybe being that Newquay SWPL side only drew with St Day combo maybe we havnt seen a report!!!

Lee it finished 2-2 think at one point St Day where 2-0 up and Newquay got their 2nd just before full time. Newquay had one little lad 'wiggy' who to me stood out, In first half St Days keeper saved them he was suburb. :thumbsup: 2nd half the new look cat came on, he had a good game too (i thought). Over all i'd say Newquay had far more chances then St Day. St Day just made better use of their chances. I would try and give a report but i'm useless with names and it would just be a load of blokey had the ball then passed it to the other blokey, so i'll leave any reports to other forum users :D :drink:

The game was a very good work out for both sides. Newquay started very brightly and created some half chances in the first 20 minutes but never really troubled Buckley in the St Day goal. Jake Hartigan probably came closest in this period but his fierce left foot drive went just over the bar. St Day had some good counter attacking moments that gave the Newquay defence some uncomfortable times. St Day went ahead when James Merrikin in the Newquay goal misjudged a through ball and caught the St Day forward resulting in a penalty, that was confidently despatched. For Newquay young Jamie Wigg had a lot of the ball at right back and both Ashley Bradshaw and Jake Hartigan on the left were prominent in good moves down that side of the pitch. Changes were made at half time and the game suffered for the first 15 minutes or so of the second half. St Day increased their lead when a good move down the right saw the winger square the ball back for an easy finish. Newquay stepped up the pace and Orrin Crowle playing up front on the right was fouled in the area and Scott Palmer rifled the ball into the net. Crowle was probably Newquay's best player in the second period and he created some good opportunities and gave the St Day left back plenty of problems. With about 3 minutes remaining a corner from Sheridan Sefton, making a welcome return to the Peppermints, was headed in at the near post by Luke Rigby. It was great to see my co manager from last year Symon Winnan and I wish Sy and all at St Day our good wishes for a successful season.

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

well Grandson of Jimbo, certain Newquay supporters always seem to accuse Truro City fans of only singing when your winning, even during pre season frienlies, so maybe being that Newquay SWPL side only drew with St Day combo maybe we havnt seen a report!!!

I would have been on here Sat evening but have been without my 'puter since last Weds. Cracking game for a first run out of the season, a few newbies, a few missing and some good performances on both sides. Nice to see Sam, Anita and Winno again and a crowd of over 100 (including a good number from St Day) at Mount Wise for what was a poorly advertised match.

I'm sure that Winno would be the happier manager at 2-2 as Newquay dominated the first half without scoring. Jimbo made some changes which allowed the visitors to get into the game but newquay showed the quality needed at this level by fighting back. Happy bunch of Peppermints in the main stand who all enjoyed a good game.