Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy div 3

Duchy division 3 is looking like a good league with St Austell and Premier Sixes coming up from division 4 with strong teams aswell as St Dennis.

St Minver have come down from div 2 but have signed one of the prems best players from st teath in ted meagor so they could challenge. Biscovey also coming down from div 2.

Any predictions? :c:

Think it'll be a very competitive league this season.

St Austell must be clear favourites for the league and premier sixes wont be far behind.

The rest of the league will be extremely close depending on new signings etc....... Indian Queens who finished 3rd bottom last season beat an east cornwall team 4-1 last weekend!

Wouldn't like to predict were we will finish, however, alot of work has been put in so far to try and close the gap on St A who are not only a quality team but a great bunch of lads. Virtually all of last season's squad remain which means we are going to benefit from a core team that have been together for the last 2 seasons. The only players leaving being TJ Newton to Newquay and Aaron Howe to Penryn. This has been offset by the return of Martyn Probert and Neil Currah who were massively influential in our first season but missed almost all of last season due to work and travel. Former captain Tom Longworth may also make a return after missing much of last season. We have also retained several of last seasons reserve squad to bolster the squad numbers and added a couple of new players during preseason to push for starting slots.

This is our third season in the Duchy league and this looks like being the best division yet with many fairly local derby's to look forward to.

Looking forward to it as I know players from most of the teams we will be facing. Good times.

Wouldn't like to predict were we will finish, however, alot of work has been put in so far to try and close the gap on St A who are not only a quality team but a great bunch of lads. Virtually all of last season's squad remain which means we are going to benefit from a core team that have been together for the last 2 seasons. The only players leaving being TJ Newton to Newquay and Aaron Howe to Penryn. This has been offset by the return of Martyn Probert and Neil Currah who were massively influential in our first season but missed almost all of last season due to work and travel. Former captain Tom Longworth may also make a return after missing much of last season. We have also retained several of last seasons reserve squad to bolster the squad numbers and added a couple of new players during preseason to push for starting slots.

This is our third season in the Duchy league and this looks like being the best division yet with many fairly local derby's to look forward to.

Looking forward to it as I know players from most of the teams we will be facing. Good times.

Who cases......Duchy prem will be really interesting and the league to watch

Guest edgcumbetillidie

It seems to me that who did what has a massive chip on his shoulder regarding everything and everyone except, after reading his posts, his beloved Saltash United.

I look forward to keeping an eye on the Duchy Prem next season, because I think that Saltash and more importantly who did what, will be in for a very big shock. As they are not as good as he thinks they are.

I can only see them finishing in the top 6 to be fair.

edgcumetillidie got to agree who did what will be surprized how good the premier league is. They will struggle to finish above Torpoint - Looe - St Cleer - and St Teath.

Division 3 should also be a good league with the new teams St Austell - Premier Sixes and our Reserve side.

Gonna stick my neck out and say Premier Sixes to win it. St Austell won't have the same ex senior players they had last term and if they do they will struggle this year. Better League.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

You're forgetting teams like Gunnislake Johnnie, and also Lamerton, they can all play superb football, and against a young, inexperienced team like Saltash.. Well we shall wait and see.

You're forgetting teams like Gunnislake Johnnie, and also Lamerton, they can all play superb football, and against a young, inexperienced team like Saltash.. Well we shall wait and see.

Haha i totally agree, Saltash will struggle.... but considering the best two teams went up and loads of other teams came up from duchy 1 who will they really struggle against??? Maybe Gunni, maybe Lamerton maybe torpoint that would be it. where you have got me playing or living anywhere near that place you are very wrong, but looking at the league thats how i see it.

I would love 4-4-2 to enlighten me on who he thinks i am??

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse me but I believe this thread was started on the subject of Duchy Three. I'm almost certain it says Duchy Three on my screen. So, here's my question: Who on here cares about Saltash United? If you care so much; go start a thread about Saltash United! There see, wasn't difficult was it!