Cornwall Football Forum

Best Mid Player in the Peninsula League?

Paul Smith - Elburton Villa

Played on sunday with him and I can comfirm he's got it !

In all honesty there are alot of good midfielders out there :

Lewis-saltash , james - launceston , Gaze - Buckland , but by far the best for me is sullivan at saltash now ( ivybridge last season )

Personally dont know the ins and outs but he played for speare u 18s last season and got a fair few starts and appearances for parkway, starting against exeter and i do not know why he has gone torpoint, maybe he'll get more football?

Gav Coulton is a match winner no doubt - but how good is he when the chips are down and things are going against him and opposition teams are winding him up!

If he is still playing then Darren Gilbert is surely up there with the best midfielders in the league?

I played against Dave Hallet a few years ago in a St Mawgan v Bere Alston game around the christmas time, Will westlake and others all played. They expected to win comfortably and all turned up in fancy dress, 15 santa claus!! It was funny. What was funnier,was the side St Mawgan put out, and hammered Bere 5-1. Dave Hallet was outstanding that day but no match for the might St Mawgan!! They team were slightly quiter after the game in thier fancy dress, but headed back to hte airways where they soon forgot about the match and got on with the evening. A good crowd with some decent players. Many of whom may have moved on.

Best Midfielder: Paul Hampshire. Young midfielder: Josh kemp or luke rigby

Craig Swiggs FACT!!!

HEs pure class..... Shame he was injured for most of last season or should i say not upto playing a full season but hes class, Bodmin would miss him massivly when hes on top form he could walk into any team in Peninsula......

Guest oldhat

Agree. Swiggs is class and will be like a new signing for Bodmin.

But Bodmin haven't done bad without him. Double last season, and treble the year before!