Cornwall Football Forum

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Guest goalmachine999

Guest goalmachine999

IF PEOPLE CAN KINDLY READ THIS AND GET BACK TO ME WITH ANY HELP PEOPLE CAN MAKE. I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ANYTHING TO HELP ME MAKE MY DREAM COME TRUE.

TAKEN FROM TODAYS CORNISH GUARDIAN. BODMIN EDITION.

alented Bodmin footballer seeks sponsorship to realise US dream

Tuesday, June 16, 2009, 15:46Comment on this story

A FOOTBALL fanatic from Bodmin is so desperate to get sponsorship for a once-in-a-lifetime scholarship in America – he says he "will do anything".

Talented Jamie Tipton, 20, from Castle Hill has dreamed of playing football professionally since he first took up the game at the age of six.

Last week he attended a trial at Premiership side Chelsea Football Club, where he was selected by Soccer Icon, which helps hopeful students obtain scholarships, and offered a place at Tyler College in Dallas, Texas.

Opportunity

The only thing that could ruin his dream is being unable to find the £6,250 needed to cover college and transport fees.

Jamie said: "I only found out a couple of days ago that I had been chosen.

"I have been told I am one of only three people from Cornwall and one of 17 from the UK to ever be offered this opportunity. It is a bit of a whirlwind at the moment but something I desperately want to do."

Jamie joined the Royal Navy in 2007 but left in April because he found life on a submarine "dark and lonely".

His passion for football sparked him to try to find an alternative career. Since his return he has been playing as a midfielder for Newquay.

Jamie said: "I am looking to improve myself and make something of my life.

"To go to America is such a big opportunity – I have to grab it with both hands.

"If I do raise the funds, the scouts want me to be in America by August 10, so it's moving fast.

"The scholarship will mean I attend college every day and learn everything about sport from the game to physiotherapy. I will train each day and play two matches a week.

"When I was in the Navy I played in Dallas and it took a while to get used to the heat. It was a great experience then and I would love to return to fulfil my dreams."

Jamie claimed he was willing to do just about anything to get sponsorship and donations, adding: "I don't care what it takes; I just want to go so badly."

THANK YOU FOR READING PLEASE PM ME OR LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS PAGE OR RING ME ON 07794469882 IF THIER IS ANYTHING ANYONE IS WILLING TO DO.

I have a friend who owns a soccer academy in Ennis, Near Dallas. PM me if you would like his details as he may be able to offer some help for you. It may mean you coaching out there or something if the distance isn't too far for you?

Guest goalmachine999

i have 3000 now,. and sponsor would get advertising throught the cornish guardian and on pirate fm and also see a cornish boy making something out of himself.

This chance dont come around often.

Best to get an American sponsor, as the Texans love the English, especially when it comes to Soccer, as you better get used to saying!

The benefit would be much greater for them in terms of advertising. Get on line and start begging! try the airline too, see what they can offer, you may be able to get reduced flights for vacations and such.

Guest goalmachine999

thanks fatso i will try everything i can. being their last year playing in the dallas cup i saw the texans love ya their. i have some contacts their so hopefully here something from them.

thanks richard chown for youe kind donation it all helps