Cornwall Football Forum

Sides that don't show.

With so many games getting cancelled this season when a sides can't be raised, is it time to adopt a tougher policy?

It seems to me that its just to easy to cry off. You don't pay any real price as a club, yet you can have a big affect on those around you. It might not just be the Pts, theres goals for and against to consider, plus you could spare a side that extra game that sees them all knackered before they have to play the next one. Is it fair that some sides should play 1, 2 or even 3 games less in a season than any another club.

How about not just awarding the pts to the other side but take them from the offenders total to do it. Issue them with a warning and finally back that up with 3 strikes and your out.

Failling to complete all your fixtures during a season should be punished more harshly in my mind.

One manager said this season 'well by the time we play next it might not matter so we might just give you the pts'. It might not have mattered but it should................ :SM_carton:

Time to toughen up?

I think if a team doesnt show then the other team should be awarded the three points, although it team that hasnt shown should not be deducted addional points i dont think and i also dont think it should affect either teams league goal difference.

Also there may be many reasons for a team not completeing all of the their games by the end of the season but if it is because of persistant no-shows, i dont believe the club or there players should be fined. I think it should be looked unfavourably upon at the league AGM for the new season and if has happened a certain amount of times they should be replaced by a new team the following season. :c:

I have always thought that the Duchy League's approach to be the best and there are extremely few occasions when a team pulls out of a game because they cannot raise a team. The first time, the non-offending team are awarded a 1-0 victory and the offenders a fine and 3 points deducted. After 3 offences, the team is ejected from the league. Hence, it happens only very rarely.

it is VERY annoying to turn up for a game, prepping yourself and then the other team don't show, it reall is the most annoying thing..it wastes your day. :angry2:

i totally agree that the clubs should be awarded the points but i also believe that they should have goals given to them as well. If you lost the league on goal difference but played 3 games less because teams didnt show up, how peed off are you going to be...i think you should be given the points and 3 or maybe 5 goals for your side and this then deducted from the team that didnt show...

I believe that teams who are let down should be awarded the points and a 3 goal victory. I also think that persistant offenders need punishment but really don't know what form that should be. There are a lot of dedicated people all across this great county that try their level best to run a local football team but are let down by people who don't show and don't call, why should these people be punished because of the selfish few who'd rather go on the lash than be part of a team!