Cornwall Football Forum

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Cheers

Conwall Combination League

19th May 2009

Hayle Reserves (Kieran Harris 2, Scott Jose, Christian Letts) 4-0 Portreath

Att - 18

Helston Athletic (Mark Goldsworthy 2) 2-4 Porthleven Reserves (Reg Pearson 2, Ashley Stidwell, Aaron Collick)

Att - 50

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Cody Cooke, Jason Roberts) 2-1 St Ives Town (Ryan Bushby)

Att - 30

Perranporth (Steve Rowson 2, Mike Davies 2, Dean Harris 2, Justin Andrew 2, Mike Cain) 9-0 Ludgvan

Att - 45

Perranwell (Gavin Boon, Luke Brabyn) 2-0 RNAS Culdrose

Att - 36

St Agnes (Tom Benny 2, Rid Purnell, Dan Cox) 4-2 Holman SC (Tony Eddy, Tom Hogarth)

Att - 20

Perranwell scorers were L.Brabyn and G.Boon crowd 36 and a good fair game too!! So that means Perranwell finish runners up again!! Well done :c: And no comments made from either side towards each other and the ref was really good! :thumbsup:

Quick Report from a Grounghopper

Hayle Reserves 4-0 Portreath

Portreath cut to the bone missing many squad players. Hayle bolstered by some ex or current SWPL players.

1-0 4mins

Cross pitch ball right to left to back of box. Kieran Harris runs onto it, shoots high from 15yds. Goalie flaps at it but shot too strong.

2-0 20mins

Hayle lob ball over the defence. Scott Jose runs onto it, shoots under the keeper from 15yds.

3-0 25mins

Hayle corner on left taken by Dan Magee. It comes in, is knocked around the box, comes out again to Magee who knocks it back in. Christian Letts near post flick to far back of net.

4-0 88 mins

Hayle free kick midfield taken to Magee. He runs into box, on the right. Passes the ball square to Harris who taps in at back post from 6yds.

Hayle could have had a hat full, the open goal chances they had. Hayle in total charge first and last 30mins. Game a bit more even in the 15mins either side of half-time. Portreath really suffering from small squad and playing a game every 2 days to catch up on missed matches.

Crowd at the start of the match was 8, built to 18 just before half-time when I do my head count and then roughly 30 at end.

CTB

Guest The Patriot

The first goal was an OG defo. Good save by the keeper punched into the on running defenders chest then into the net.

Good game with chances either end. I agree well Ref'd!

Darren Steadmen needs 3 in the last game for St Ives if he is going to win the golden boot.

Congratulations to everyone who competed in the league this year and well done to perranporth for winnign the league. Next year should be a good year...wont be seeing much of me tho :(, Giving up the flag in my first year lol, Off to play next season so best of luck to everyone in next seasons league :c:

Guest Deez14

Dubious goals commitee have confirmed Perranwell's Luke Brabyn will be made to wait for his first senior goal, as it has gone down as an O.G :blink:

The first goal was an OG defo. Good save by the keeper punched into the on running defenders chest then into the net.

Good game with chances either end. I agree well Ref'd!

Well you have to agree that we had the lions share of the chances!! But thought you played the game in the correct spirit! enjoyed watching good skill from both teams :c:

Totally agree Dave is a brilliant Manager, just goes about his business quietly and only gets agitated when Fraggle trys to dribble :yahoo: a good achievement to finish 2nd again behind the money team for the 2nd time in a row, will it be third time lucky next season.

Dave seems to have the knack of taking ordinary players and turning them into a TEAM and it seems to get results.

I agree with HP the Ref was good on tuesday and Buster in the Culdrose goal made some excellent saves and I think I saw HP smile in the 2nd half :yahoo:

Was also good to listen to Bill Pearce for 10 minutes before kick off putting cornish football to rights I had to listen because i couldn't get a word in........

Good luck tonight against Helston, I am unable to play so i think Steve "Butterfingers Allen" will be taking the gloves perhaps he will see its not easy being a keeper.........