Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 16/05/09

Guest Newlyn No 11

Mining 2

Newlyn vs St Agnes

Called off as St Agnes cannot raise a team..

(does anyone know where Chasewater are playing today?)

I don't think Chacewater are playing today.

Guest harty

Div 3 Wendron 5th's 2 - 2 Ludgven

Was a game of two halfs because of the strong wind at Wendron. !st half Wendron had the wind behind them. Wendron played good football and used the wind well and managed to get two goals past ludgvan. In the second half Ludgvan had the wind and we Wendron found out how hard it was to play against tht wind. Wendron got a penalty late in the second half which was saved. It should hve been scored and tht would hve been game over but it was saved and ludgvan got a goal back strait away. Then in the final 10 mins Ludgvan got a penalty which was scored which we at Wendron were gutted about after defending well and nearly having 3 points in the bag. We can't complain though got a 2-2 result agaist the runners up of the league in our last game. Good luck to Ludgvan next seanson in div 2

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

Early ko 12.30 crown turned up with 12 players and after some digging we found out that 2 of them were NOT signed on to play but were going to play under another name very very poor in such a big game for both sides.0-0 at half time, 15 mins into second half TFC NO9 got the opening goal and Tom M made it 2 with a fine strike to make sure we will be in mining 2 next season, Think the result means crown and holmans go down not 100% on that tho.Most of the crown boys are good blokes but they were going to try and cheat and that is wrong, i no it does go on but its just not right :SM_carton:

Well done to all the titan players we were down with the dead men at xmas but thanks to marksy, a few new players and hard work we turned things around to stay up and make a semi final in the cup :thumbsup: :drink:

Guest Markdavis

Wendron 2 - 2 Ludgvan

The game was dominated by the wind hard playing up the slope against the wind first half, I made it hard to play football at times. Wendron played well and battled all game.

Thats the end of the season for us, thanks to all the other teams we have played against this season for making it enjoyable to play every week, roll on next year and division 2

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: :clapper:

THREEMILESTONE 3 GULVAL 2 (HT 2-0)

G.Weir

J. Bright

G. Wane

As it was last game of the season the boys thought it would be a laugh to mix things up with players playing totally out of position, it took us a while to get used to where the hell we were playing but once we bedded in we looked suprisingly enough quite solid and went in at half time 2 nil up which too be honest was a fair reflection on chances created, as the TMS backline of Jolly, Caddy, and Nathan held firm and made it differcult for gulval.

We decided to keep it the same as we were playing quite well and went into the 2nd half thinking if we keep battling we could get a result which would be awesome with such a made up side, things got better when Giles wane broke into the box and to everyones amazement planted a superb low drive past the keeper to make it 3 nil,game over or so we thought! But we went a little slack and conceded two late goals as we just got caught out on a couple of occassions with one goal being blatantly offside but the ref who had a poor game didn't even look at the lino and the game was waved on and they scored, but hey ho thats life and we held onto record an impressive result with a very random team line up. But praise must be made towards the players who all played out of position for a laugh but actually worked very hard and got a deserved win to finish of the season, and see us unbeaten in the last 6 games!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Wendron 2 - 2 Ludgvan

The game was dominated by the wind hard playing up the slope against the wind first half, I made it hard to play football at times. Wendron played well and battled all game.

Thats the end of the season for us, thanks to all the other teams we have played against this season for making it enjoyable to play every week, roll on next year and division 2

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

If thats ur last game this year how did you get on against heamoor at home, the one result im missing for you guys?????

Also anymore games to go in mining 3???? if not i need the score for marazion v madron and heamoor marazion???????

Any help :blink:

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

Early ko 12.30 crown turned up with 12 players and after some digging we found out that 2 of them were NOT signed on to play but were going to play under another name very very poor in such a big game for both sides.0-0 at half time, 15 mins into second half TFC NO9 got the opening goal and Tom M made it 2 with a fine strike to make sure we will be in mining 2 next season, Think the result means crown and holmans go down not 100% on that tho.Most of the crown boys are good blokes but they were going to try and cheat and that is wrong, i no it does go on but its just not right :SM_carton:

Well done to all the titan players we were down with the dead men at xmas but thanks to marksy, a few new players and hard work we turned things around to stay up and make a semi final in the cup :thumbsup::drink:

Watched this one as a neutral but only from 30 mins in. The Crown did well with 10 men but congratulations to the Titans players and management for turning their season around - you seemed dead and buried at Xmas but it just shows what hard work can do. As for cheating, i can't comment on what went on before the game but do seem to remember a couple of outrageous dives by a Titans player with a number between 8 and 10 that would have made Jurgen Klinsmann blush...

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

Watched this one as a neutral but only from 30 mins in. The Crown did well with 10 men but congratulations to the Titans players and management for turning their season around - you seemed dead and buried at Xmas but it just shows what hard work can do. As for cheating, i can't comment on what went on before the game but do seem to remember a couple of outrageous dives by a Titans player with a number between 8 and 10 that would have made Jurgen Klinsmann blush...

As manager yesterday jules b i find those comments on our no,between 8 & 10 disgusting,you or anybody else could not play football & keep up practice for billy elliot ( camborne theatre version) as our player tried. He is a lovely lad & as i write this he will be on a football pitch somewhere putting in more hours of practice. :yahoo: On a lighter note he did score yesterday but had he stayed on his feet more he probably would of scored two. :unsure:

Guest Luffy

G.Weir

J. Bright

G. Wane

As it was last game of the season the boys thought it would be a laugh to mix things up with players playing totally out of position, it took us a while to get used to where the hell we were playing but once we bedded in we looked suprisingly enough quite solid and went in at half time 2 nil up which too be honest was a fair reflection on chances created, as the TMS backline of Jolly, Caddy, and Nathan held firm and made it differcult for gulval.

We decided to keep it the same as we were playing quite well and went into the 2nd half thinking if we keep battling we could get a result which would be awesome with such a made up side, things got better when Giles wane broke into the box and to everyones amazement planted a superb low drive past the keeper to make it 3 nil,game over or so we thought! But we went a little slack and conceded two late goals as we just got caught out on a couple of occassions with one goal being blatantly offside but the ref who had a poor game didn't even look at the lino and the game was waved on and they scored, but hey ho thats life and we held onto record an impressive result with a very random team line up. But praise must be made towards the players who all played out of position for a laugh but actually worked very hard and got a deserved win to finish of the season, and see us unbeaten in the last 6 games!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers Els!!! Not a bad game when you consider both teams did not have alot to play for. As for changing playing positions, this was in no way disrespecting our opponants - just in case someone thinks so - but to give those players who play at the back a chance to play upfront - how many times do you hear defenders say they can play up top. As for the result it was pleasing for us to finish with 3 points, which means the side has taken 14pts/18pts well done to all the lads. This season has been very difficult and I would just like to thank all those players who have buckled down and kept both teams going, give yourselves a round of applause. As for next season we will just have to wait and see what happens in the close season. To all the teams within the leagues have a good well rested close season and hopefully we will see you all next season. :yahoo::thumbsup::drink::drink: :smiley20:

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

As manager yesterday jules b i find those comments on our no,between 8 & 10 disgusting,you or anybody else could not play football & keep up practice for billy elliot ( camborne theatre version) as our player tried. He is a lovely lad & as i write this he will be on a football pitch somewhere putting in more hours of practice. :yahoo: On a lighter note he did score yesterday but had he stayed on his feet more he probably would of scored two. :unsure:

all i can say welldone to marksy and the titans for staying up james

:drink:

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

all i can say welldone to marksy and the titans for staying up james

:drink:

Thanks james much appreciated the boys have done well over the last few months and we remain unbeaten in the league since last week of jan early feb so very pleased. Speak to you soon :thumbsup:

Crown inn 0 Titans 2

****!!!! :P

I watched the crown vs titans as a neutral, and although they won 2-0, titans were fairly lucky as the crown had most of the possession without really threatening upfront and played for nearly 75 minutes with ten players...

as for cheating, Im not sure who these players were for the crown but they didn't play in the end and barnsey? probably should have been sent off for a dive that tom daley would of been proud of! after already being booked previously for taking off his shirt (not a pretty sight!), and he constantly moaned, as he has all season from the sound of things!

Plus the titans manager and subs, heckling and abusing the young linesman... tough guys! like the crown keeper said, the titans manager should of been setting an example...

still well done to titans for their run of unbeaten games and getting out of jail. hope the crown don't fold next year as Ive heard...

I watched the crown vs titans as a neutral, and although they won 2-0, titans were fairly lucky as the crown had most of the possession without really threatening upfront and played for nearly 75 minutes with ten players...

as for cheating, Im not sure who these players were for the crown but they didn't play in the end and barnsey? probably should have been sent off for a dive that tom daley would of been proud of! after already being booked previously for taking off his shirt (not a pretty sight!), and he constantly moaned, as he has all season from the sound of things!

Plus the titans manager and subs, heckling and abusing the young linesman... tough guys! like the crown keeper said, the titans manager should of been setting an example...

still well done to titans for their run of unbeaten games and getting out of jail. hope the crown don't fold next year as Ive heard...

Said young lino was 1 of the players that was going to play unsigned and the other player who plays for madron left before the game as soon as he was found out, agree to a point about crown having put us under pressure it was alot of long ball stuff tho, they were a very big side and used throw-ins and set plays well.

As for moaning i'd rather play with 10 other players like myself than 10 that dont open there mouth at all.

:angry:

mmmm not sure vontrap you ve got that right i was not going to get involved but what the hell, first of all i asked a simple question to two players who stood outside their changing room before kick off which was you two are not signed on one replied straight away the other went bright red ive been around this game long enough so reckon im more than entitled to pull a few stunts legally.From what i can gather he was a madron player but dont quote me on that, anyway i confronted their manager and he agreed he was not legal and sent him on his way. Our chairman then recognised (jack liddicoat) dont quote me on correct name or club, however i walked up to him at warm up and again said hi jack to which point he replied im not jack unfortunately in the same second one of the players shouted come on jack :o . i therefore walked in their changing room and told the manager best thing he can do is send him home as well, he replied he didnt know he was here and he thought it was his cousin or brother. They now had ten men and there manager apologised in front of the ref (who by the way was bloody top class) he then agreed to play with only 10. My point to all this was jack then ran the line for a young lad i ve never heard so much rubbish (you wont get f--k all from me im just gonna put the flag up even more and so on.And lets be fair thats all he did, As for setting an example your right and i agree totally what i should of done was knock him out :angry: Maybe not the right words but im far to honest, any way fella, am i convinced the rest were legal not a chance but what can we do. I played the same team apart from my keeper pretty much for the last few months and weve beaten sides that have hammered them,so make your own mind up. im waffling and in a minute i ll be writing for mills and boon, thought id get that in before its mentioned. :thumbsup: By the way if crown fold i wont be dissapointed again just being honest i know how difficult it is to fulfill fixtures none the less we needed a point to stay in this league and they were already relegated, how gentlemanley of them. :angry:

G.Weir

J. Bright

G. Wane

We decided to keep it the same as we were playing quite well and went into the 2nd half thinking if we keep battling we could get a result which would be awesome with such a made up side, things got better when Giles wane broke into the box and to everyones amazement planted a superb low drive past the keeper to make it 3 nil,game over or so we thought! But we went a little slack and conceded two late goals as we just got caught out on a couple of occassions with one goal being blatantly offside but the ref who had a poor game didn't even look at the lino and the game was waved on and they scored, but hey ho thats life and we held onto record an impressive result with a very random team line up. But praise must be made towards the players who all played out of position for a laugh but actually worked very hard and got a deserved win to finish of the season, and see us unbeaten in the last 6 games!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Disappointed with that fella, no respect shown to your opponents in the write up at all. Good for you for having a chuckle between yourselves and changing things round a bit, that's the spirit at the end of the season and I bet your defenders were chuffed to get a run upfront (surely only 2 can play up there though, don't remember you having 4 up top)..

You claim being 2-0 up was a fair reflection of chances created, I'm guessing you missed the FOUR times Gulval hit the woodwork? and the other 2 goalmouth scrambles?. Fella, nobody can deny you won the game BUT show a little grace in your description of events please. Also remember that your second goal was "debatable" its-self but I gave the benefit of doubt to the attacker because although the goalscorer WAS stood in an offside position, from the angle I was stood, it "appeared" that the ball was played totally sideways and not forward, therefore any offside questions become nul and void.

Also, no disrespect but you "claim " the second Gulval goal was blatantly offside but the ref was crap, so didn't give it. Perhaps if your own linesman wasn't putting the flag up in somewhat dodgy fashion every now and again the ref may have paid more attention to him?. I do agree that he (the ref) was poor on the day BUT he was the same for both teams and when I got to come on I was having a good laugh with a few of your lads about his decision making, or lack of it ;)

You got three points and should be happy with your daily haul, you have some superb lads there and a couple had me in stitches after I came on, as did Luffy when he was flirting with being sanctioned by the ref in the second half because he wasn't happy with one decision (that isn't a dig Luffy, I was laughing because it was so clear that you wanted to say so much more ;) .)...

Oh one other thing :rolleyes: , when you scored the first goal (the one that slipped under our keepers arms), there was a chunky fella who ran away shouting "I touched that, I fu***ng touched that".... Well he bloody well DIDN'T and you should all somehow get him for even attempting to claim he did. He did try his best to get something on the ball BUT believe me mate, he DIDN'T, the crafty git :D .

Anyway, you won, we didn't.. That's life I guess :( .. The great news is it's Gulval's last game of the season next Saturday and thankfully it's only against Troon :blink: ..

Disappointed with that fella, no respect shown to your opponents in the write up at all. Good for you for having a chuckle between yourselves and changing things round a bit, that's the spirit at the end of the season and I bet your defenders were chuffed to get a run upfront (surely only 2 can play up there though, don't remember you having 4 up top)..

You claim being 2-0 up was a fair reflection of chances created, I'm guessing you missed the FOUR times Gulval hit the woodwork? and the other 2 goalmouth scrambles?. Fella, nobody can deny you won the game BUT show a little grace in your description of events please. Also remember that your second goal was "debatable" its-self but I gave the benefit of doubt to the attacker because although the goalscorer WAS stood in an offside position, from the angle I was stood, it "appeared" that the ball was played totally sideways and not forward, therefore any offside questions become nul and void.

Also, no disrespect but you "claim " the second Gulval goal was blatantly offside but the ref was crap, so didn't give it. Perhaps if your own linesman wasn't putting the flag up in somewhat dodgy fashion every now and again the ref may have paid more attention to him?. I do agree that he (the ref) was poor on the day BUT he was the same for both teams and when I got to come on I was having a good laugh with a few of your lads about his decision making, or lack of it ;)

You got three points and should be happy with your daily haul, you have some superb lads there and a couple had me in stitches after I came on, as did Luffy when he was flirting with being sanctioned by the ref in the second half because he wasn't happy with one decision (that isn't a dig Luffy, I was laughing because it was so clear that you wanted to say so much more ;) .)...

Oh one other thing :rolleyes: , when you scored the first goal (the one that slipped under our keepers arms), there was a chunky fella who ran away shouting "I touched that, I fu***ng touched that".... Well he bloody well DIDN'T and you should all somehow get him for even attempting to claim he did. He did try his best to get something on the ball BUT believe me mate, he DIDN'T, the crafty git :D .

Anyway, you won, we didn't.. That's life I guess :( .. The great news is it's Gulval's last game of the season next Saturday and thankfully it's only against Troon :blink: ..

having watched the game not played in because i am resting for the biggie next sunday i can honestly say we were very lucky to only concede two goals and the write ups arnt a fair reflection of the actual game

but still its 3 more points and well done to the lads and well done tom Guval for not giving up and making a good game of it......... :thumbsup:

and coopsie more then two players can play up front theres no law that i have noticed saying otherwise and in the second half we had 4 up top

good game good spirits :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Deco

Good to see the lovely comments from the the manager of Titans, saying he should have knocked out a 17 year old kid. Just about sums up the mentality of the guy. As for the legitimacy of the remaining 10 of our players, feel free to investigate, I can vouch for every single one. It seemed to be that the Titans team differed more from the corresponding fixture than ours, but nevermind.

As for being pleased if we fold, I think this again shows what a petty, childish individual the guy is.

Congratulations though for making himself the odds-on favourite for the biggest **** in Cornish football. I hope he enjoys bullying and threating kids next year in Mining 2.

It's a shame as I have a lot of respect for Titans as a club. Barnesy in particular is a very good player, and will be even better when he learns to stay on his feet.

I wish Titans every success next season, I just hope for the managers sake he doesn't pick on the wrong child next year.

Good to see the lovely comments from the the manager of Titans, saying he should have knocked out a 17 year old kid. Just about sums up the mentality of the guy. As for the legitimacy of the remaining 10 of our players, feel free to investigate, I can vouch for every single one. It seemed to be that the Titans team differed more from the corresponding fixture than ours, but nevermind.

As for being pleased if we fold, I think this again shows what a petty, childish individual the guy is.

Congratulations though for making himself the odds-on favourite for the biggest **** in Cornish football. I hope he enjoys bullying and threating kids next year in Mining 2.

It's a shame as I have a lot of respect for Titans as a club. Barnesy in particular is a very good player, and will be even better when he learns to stay on his feet.

I wish Titans every success next season, I just hope for the managers sake he doesn't pick on the wrong child next year.

Thanks m8 bit hard when you keep booting the hell out of me tho! :D:thumbsup: we've had 4 good games over the last 2 seasons. shame you've gone but im sure if you can get that team out on the pitch every week in mining 3 u'll do very well

DID I TOUCH A NERVE :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Luffy

G.Weir

J. Bright

G. Wane

Fair play Coopsie, sorry that the write up was a little one sided but it came from a players point of view. I suppose I should have put pen to paper as I was viewing the game from the side line. To be honest both teams had a go and it was a decent match to watch. I agree you had several near misses which could have seen the score slightly different, however, your keeper did pull off a couple of stunning saves as well. I am not going to comment on the ref, but it was hard going at times for me to keep my mouth shout, but I thought I did fairly well only one small outburst towards the end. I hope you enjoy what season you have left and I hope to see you next season. All the best.