Cornwall Football Forum

F.A.Cup 2009/10

The F.A. have now disclosed entries for next seasons F.A.Competitions

There are 892 clubs applied for either F.A. Cup/Trophy/Vase and Youth

Of these 801 have applied for the F.A.Cup which at the moment does include Falmouth and St. Blazey.

Last season 761 clubs began the competition.

With 49 new entrants included which have Buckland Athletic and Cullompton Rangers from the SWPL I can see why the F.A. are to streamline the Cup from the top ten positions of step 6 Leagues.

With some clubs folded or being wound up it will be very interesting to see the F.A.'s final ratification of acceptance.

Of the 35 new entrants to the F.A.Vase are St.Martins AC from Guernsey and Torpoint Athletic

hi i dont think it will be a good or bad thing. as long as a couple of our local sides do make it through to the 3rd round qualifying or even the 1st round proper it will attract a considerable interest from all neutral supporters and get local cornwall football back on the map, teams would certainly not like the prospect of travelling down to as far as penzance or truro would they.

i hope all clubs pass the grading

So is this good news, bad news or no news?

Not very optimistic Dan-

If they compete with the same number as last season the F.A. would have to reject 40 or so clubs from the 801 applicants.

Previous seasons

2008/09 761 clubs took part

2007/08 731

2006/07 685

2005/06 674

2004/05 661

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

The F.A. have now disclosed entries for next seasons F.A.Competitions. Of the 35 new entrants to the F.A.Vase are St.Martins AC from Guernsey.

Now that sounds like a cracking away trip to me ! Will they be put in the SW pot when the draw is made or will there links with the Kent Leagues sway the FA ?