Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday 01/01/17

I have said this before ,defensively we were AWFUL.

Thompson and Neal are a breath of fresh air up front,but if you are concedeing goals every game,they got no chance.

Truro City are in a big relegation scrap,and when Truro are in trouble all the Officials and the OSC ,hide.[ because they are probably ,told too ]

28 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

I have said this before ,defensively we were AWFUL.

Thompson and Neal are a breath of fresh air up front,but if you are concedeing goals every game,they got no chance.

Truro City are in a big relegation scrap,and when Truro are in trouble all the Officials and the OSC ,hide.[ because they are probably ,told too ]

I am not hiding and I was there supporting the team! Yes, there are big issues in the defense and these have to be resolved. Whether this be by signing new players or bringing in loan players does not matter. What matters is we support our team and back the players and staff we have here and now. So. instead of being fair weather supporters or just whingers online, come down on saturday and boost the team!

17 minutes ago, russellkeeble said:

instead of being fair weather supporters

Sorry Russell, I'd like to go and watch more often, but with doing the CORNISH SOCCER Mag, it means I like to cover the whole of the county. Seen Truro three times, competitively, this season, once away and twice at home with three defeats. Perhaps with that record it's best I do stay away! :(

3 hours ago, russellkeeble said:

I am not hiding and I was there supporting the team! Yes, there are big issues in the defense and these have to be resolved. Whether this be by signing new players or bringing in loan players does not matter. What matters is we support our team and back the players and staff we have here and now. So. instead of being fair weather supporters or just whingers online, come down on saturday and boost the team!

I hope you are not suggesting I am  a fair weather supporter.?

I support the team away from home,and have followed TCFC for over 40 years.

Trust me. the sun has not always been shinning all that time.

I came away from Weston-Super-Mare less dejected than from the home game on Boxing Day. At the latter I thought we were even poorer.

Going in front but then conceding is becoming a nasty habit. And as impressive as Thompson and Neal have been in attack, I think we need to find a more creative way of feeding them than long ball. They will rarely get much change from tough, experienced defenders at this level. 

We actually have a fairly solid squad of players, but they just aren’t knitting together at all well. Communication is sometimes really poor - look at the mix-up between defence and goalie on Sunday.

I thought Chris Todd coming on near the end at WSM was exactly the tonic we needed (though I doubt we’d use him as an emergency striker every week!).

He feels like the kind of pivotal, mature player who can motivate the team and pull everyone together, and it could be that experience like that is what we are missing on the pitch. Let's hope he stays fit during the rest of his time with the club.