Cornwall Football Forum

Who were the last Cornish team Truro played?

Who were the last Cornish team Truro City played in a competitive fixture and when was it? The Aubrey Wilkes Trophy games against Falmouth don't count, nor do their Reserves in the SWPL.

Only a guess.

I would think Easter Monday 2008 beating Saltash United 3-2 in the 2007/2008 seasons Cornwall Senior Cup Final.

As I said only a guess.

Previous to the above I thought of another 3-2 win against St Blazey in the FA vase second round but that was in 2007.

Interesting question I expect to be answered by one of the experts on all matters football within the county.

I think the last fa cup game against a Cornish club was that Falmouth Town one in the 2008/2009 season won by City 4-0

City then beat Yate at Treyew Road 3-1 before drawing at home 1-1 v Chippenham losing the replay 4-2

Promotions saw City exempt in more recent seasons until later rounds of the fa cup thus avoiding Cornwall's best Peninsula clubs who were usually eliminated by the time City entered the competition.

Truro City defeated Saltash United 2-1 in The Cornwall Senior Cup Final in 2007-08 Season and the following season 2008-09  won 4-0 at Falmouth in the Pre. Rd.F A Cup which appears to be the last competitive match against Cornish opposition. Truro first team never appeared since in the CSC.

Sat.August 30th.2008 --3pm.Bickland Park

F.A Cup Prelim.Round.

Falmouth Town (SWPL'P')  0--Truro City (Southern 1SW)  4  (0-2)  Attendance 497

scorers-Joe Broad,Matt Bye,Shane Tolley 2